Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The decline in my drinking abilities.

I've calmed down a hell of a lot in the past few years (I'm sure some of you will remember by drunken ramblings), I always enjoy a good session on a Thursday night, the hangover helps me get through Friday and it gets the session out of my system so I can have a clear head for the weekend (if prefer to get paid for being hungover rather than lose a day in bed feeling crap when I could be doing something I want to actually do)

I'm coming to the realization that it may need to stop, I had 8 cans last night and I feel like shit man, problem is that 6 cans doesn't cut it but 8 cans gives me a stinking hangover.

Just now, darrenm said:

Or stop drinking and do something that won't end up killing you?

Not meant to be preachy but that ain't good for you long term.

In all fairness I don't think 8 cans a week is all that bad, yeah the doctors would class it as binge drinking but its a helluva lot better than when I used to get through 50 cans and a bottle or 2 of vodka or rum in one week.

3 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

In all fairness I don't think 8 cans a week is all that bad, yeah the doctors would class it as binge drinking but its a helluva lot better than when I used to get through 50 cans and a bottle or 2 of vodka or rum in one week.

Do you think you might have a problem?

I had 5 beers in Poland last month and had to be carried back to our hostel! 

:crylaugh:

I'm pathetic at drinking.  8 cans would destroy me.

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Do you think you might have a problem?

I had 5 beers in Poland last month and had to be carried back to our hostel! 

:crylaugh:

I'm pathetic at drinking.  8 cans would destroy me.

Nah, not these days, I would say that a few years back yeah I had a problem, I was almost definitely a functioning alcoholic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I've calmed down a hell of a lot in the past few years (I'm sure some of you will remember by drunken ramblings), I always enjoy a good session on a Thursday night, the hangover helps me get through Friday and it gets the session out of my system so I can have a clear head for the weekend (if prefer to get paid for being hungover rather than lose a day in bed feeling crap when I could be doing something I want to actually do)

I'm coming to the realization that it may need to stop, I had 8 cans last night and I feel like shit man, problem is that 6 cans doesn't cut it but 8 cans gives me a stinking hangover.

So 7 appears to be the magic number. Bingo! :thumb::mrgreen:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

8 cans would destroy me, I'd be sick after 5 or 6.

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Trying to get my head down and keep getting sent pictures from New York. Piss off will you clearing in the woods. Seen it all before anyway on the films.

However, send her a message back "Even though I have seen all the buildings in New York before on films as it has been used extensively in film as we are all aware but they all look even more amazing with you in the picture" 

You might get a nice prezzie then and she will show it all the other birds and they will be "Awww".

I just wan t to see if she works out it's not from you and how long that process would take, as an experiment. B) 

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

However, send her a message back "Even though I have seen all the buildings in New York before on films as it has been used extensively in film as we are all aware but they all look even more amazing with you in the picture" 

You might get a nice prezzie then and she will show it all the other birds and they will be "Awww".

I just wan t to see if she works out it's not from you and how long that process would take, as an experiment. B) 

I don't think I can be that nice, it's just not in my nature.

Kids woke me up at 5.30 which is a tad early for them, especially my daughter. I thought great I've still got a good hour or so and our two month old daughter is not due her bottle until 7.30, so I will have another hour. Next thing I know im being woken up by my newborn crying and I search for my phone and can't find it. My son had taken it off the bedside table at somepoint and I had missed my alarm. 8.15 the time was and I leave for school at 8.45. Half hour to feed three hungry kids, clean our teeth, wash us all and get everyone dressed. After plenty of shouting and rushing about like a mad man we get to school for bang on 9....RESULT! 

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Kids woke me up at 5.30 which is a tad early for them, especially my daughter. I thought great I've still got a good hour or so and our two month old daughter is not due her bottle until 7.30, so I will have another hour. Next thing I know im being woken up by my newborn crying and I search for my phone and can't find it. My son had taken it off the bedside table at somepoint and I had missed my alarm. 8.15 the time was and I leave for school at 8.45. Half hour to feed three hungry kids, clean our teeth, wash us all and get everyone dressed. After plenty of shouting and rushing about like a mad man we get to school for bang on 9....RESULT! 

I'm dreading this when I have kids. I'm no good in the morning, so having probably the busiest part of the day as soon as I wake up, I'm going to be awful. I struggle to get just myself ready for work.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm dreading this when I have kids. I'm no good in the morning, so having probably the busiest part of the day as soon as I wake up, I'm going to be awful. I struggle to get just myself ready for work.

What about the missus? I never sort kids when I have work, only at weekends I help out. I'm up and gone for work by the time they are all up. My son normally wakes up at 6 same as me so I do his breakfast but that's it. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â