Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Urinate around the border of your garden

Seriously, human urine is a cat repellent

Make sure you do it when the neighbours are watching to increase neighbour annoyance

And if you think I'm, joking, google it

I'll think about it. I might eat some asparagus and pee on the neighbour's door to repay him for all the cat crap I've had to deal with since he bought the house. Who has 8 cats anyway? It feels like he's trying to breed an army in there. An old friend of mine in Scotland bought a dog for this exact problem - I have no idea if he's liable if the dog hurts the cats but it apparently helped a lot. I'm sure the local bird population will be pleased if this guy moves out again.

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I love cats, but 8 is ridiculous. Maximum per house should be two. 

My parents have 4, which I think is too much. They're constantly shitting, wanting food or causing general havoc indoors. 

They're rescue cats taken in after people had died, but they're all mental. 

Too much hard work. 

Most my grandparents had at one time was seven .Always remember it because we had three already and they wanted two more, so this woman came round with four so we could pick two. My grandparents couldn't decide which two, so they said we will have all of them. My mum came had a very pleasant surprise when she came in from the pub that night. They were all great with different characters, but yeah it was probably too many.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

my neighbour has a couple of cats

the cats destroy everything, they piss on plants, they stink up everything, they kill all the wildlife they can find

cats are vile

The thing with killing  wildlife it's in their nature to go hunting and for how sad it is seeing a nest being raided,  or a little mouse being ripped into two I'd rather a cat be a cat. 

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

my neighbour has a couple of cats

the cats destroy everything, they piss on plants, they stink up everything, they kill all the wildlife they can find

cats are vile

I used to like you. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

The thing with killing  wildlife it's in their nature to go hunting and for how sad it is seeing a nest being raided,  or a little mouse being ripped into two I'd rather a cat be a cat. 

Yeah, I know how nature works, but it isn't 'natural' is it, it's pets people have chosen to have.

People choose to have cats, cats kill the birds and the frogs and the slow worms. But that's inconvenient to contemplate, so it's nature, innit.

Forever clearing dead wildlife from my garden.

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Forever clearing dead wildlife from my garden.

Well providing the sun has not been beaming down on them and you can get me a fast courier send them my way. Had a lovely bit of road kill last week when driving through Cannock chase.

Real life increasingly resembling a plot-line JG Ballard might have abandoned as too didactic:

EDIT: Just realised that the text tweet isn't clear enough - the 'virtual reality' they are 'experiencing' is being homeless, natch. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Just to hop back a page, I have two cats and have genuinely not seen any of their shit for about 3 years. It's dawned on me that I could have cat shit thrown at my windows from any of my 3 closest neighbours :detect:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

People who just post full stops ;)

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and they all lived happily together

• Like 1

For an Aussie bloke I'm well baffled to the last page of this thread. I well on my way to being drunk but I'm not there yet. I find this pre full cut confusion irritating. 

22 hours ago, magnkarl said:

So I woke up this morning, put the coffee on, banged some toast in the toaster, opened the back door to the garden, stepped out and instantly stepped into a turd from a bleedin cat. Is there anything worse than cat shit? Dog shit doesn't have anything on that. I scooped the cat shit up with my trusty garden trowel and flung it at the window of the guy next to me who has 8 cats. Later he came around and asked why there's cat shit on his window, I politely told him to install some sort of cat toilet. I then went to homebase, bought 100 litres of play sand and dumped it just outside his fence, two meters from their outside seating area. I'm hoping it'll stink nicely for them so they see the extent of shit we have to deal with in our flowerbeds, vegetable garden, flower pots, my grandkid's sandbox etc.

I like cats but this is too much. I need some sort of cat deterrent because this is getting out of hand.

My guess is that it was more likely to be a fox, who use turds to mark their territory and it is really stinky - cats usually want to bury theirs.

• Like 1

Â