Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

?

I could be wrong, but I think @Amsterdam_Neil_D 's odd comment is in reference to 7 being an odd number.

Regarding the painting @Seat68 posted, not sure. But the bloke holding the leather jacket looks like someone I haven't heard of.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

So, the other day, the roofers destroyed my vegetable garden. Yesterday morning at 7AM, they banged on my door asking me to move my car. I did, and then it got towed from a usually safe spot. $110 to get my car, and I was late for work. **** words removed AND clearings in the woods AND rocket polishers

Not having much luck with those rough arse roofers are you.

7 hours ago, a m ole said:

its only effectively double after that first pint and only if you drink at a rate of one pint per hour. makes more sense to calculate the units drank, minus one for each hour drinking.

say you drink 5 pints of weak lager over 2 hours. that's 10 units drank, minus the 2 processed meaning 8 still left in the body.

5 pints of strong lager over two hours is 15 units drank, minus the two leaving 13 in the body.

8 is 61% of 13, close to the difference between a 4% lager and 6% lager at 66%.

At a higher rate of drinking the breakdown of alcohol becomes less significant, and at a lower rate more significant - but then at a lower rate the likelihood of being drunk is much reduced. 

This is slightly incorrect, you need to add one unit per calculation due to the hour it takes for the alcohol to be assimilated into the body

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is slightly incorrect, you need to add one unit per calculation due to the hour it takes for the alcohol to be assimilated into the body

Perhaps beer labels should come with the full calculation formulae printed on them. 

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Jesus, the sex show that would go on there :wacko:

I think Ruge might be too much for me! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

British drinking culture is mental. I like drinking but equally hate it.

Not quite sure why we like it so much.

We drink less than a lot of countries on a per capita basis. It's just when we drink its done in a binge way! Usually confined to one night a week. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

People that describe themselves as a foodie. We are all bloody foodies. 

I describe myself as a foodie... nothing better then a dinner of turkey twizzlers, potato waffles and beans, washed down with an ice cold can of tizer.

• Like 3

So I woke up this morning, put the coffee on, banged some toast in the toaster, opened the back door to the garden, stepped out and instantly stepped into a turd from a bleedin cat. Is there anything worse than cat shit? Dog shit doesn't have anything on that. I scooped the cat shit up with my trusty garden trowel and flung it at the window of the guy next to me who has 8 cats. Later he came around and asked why there's cat shit on his window, I politely told him to install some sort of cat toilet. I then went to homebase, bought 100 litres of play sand and dumped it just outside his fence, two meters from their outside seating area. I'm hoping it'll stink nicely for them so they see the extent of shit we have to deal with in our flowerbeds, vegetable garden, flower pots, my grandkid's sandbox etc.

I like cats but this is too much. I need some sort of cat deterrent because this is getting out of hand.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

So I woke up this morning, put the coffee on, banged some toast in the toaster, opened the back door to the garden, stepped out and instantly stepped into a turd from a bleedin cat. Is there anything worse than cat shit? Dog shit doesn't have anything on that. I scooped the cat shit up with my trusty garden trowel and flung it at the window of the guy next to me who has 8 cats. Later he came around and asked why there's cat shit on his window, I politely told him to install some sort of cat toilet. I then went to homebase, bought 100 litres of play sand and dumped it just outside his fence, two meters from their outside seating area. I'm hoping it'll stink nicely for them so they see the extent of shit we have to deal with in our flowerbeds, vegetable garden, flower pots, my grandkid's sandbox etc.

I like cats but this is too much. I need some sort of cat deterrent because this is getting out of hand.

You've put the sand in your garden? Won't that inadvertently invite the cats to poop in your garden?

Get yourself an animal that eats cats like an alligator, mongoose or a t-rex and let it live in your garden. That'll learn 'em.

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

You've put the sand in your garden? Won't that inadvertently invite the cats to poop in your garden?

Get yourself an animal that eats cats like an alligator, mongoose or a t-rex and let it live in your garden. That'll learn 'em.

Nah, outside the neighbour's fence, it's about 20 meters from my fence. 

Maybe I should invest in one of those motion sensor sprinkler systems? That'll teach em.

Edited by magnkarl

51 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

This could be totally wrong but my grandad used half fill a litre Pepsi bottle with water and leave them round the perimeter of his garden to deter cats. Something about them not liking their reflection or something but he was adamant it worked. 

52 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

So I woke up this morning, put the coffee on, banged some toast in the toaster, opened the back door to the garden, stepped out and instantly stepped into a turd from a cat

I must admit i burst out laughing at that ! 

I feel ur pain though. Cat shit is awful especially when you accidentally run the lawn mower over it.

Smug words removed. Cats, not lawn mowers !

• Like 2

We have two sets of new neighbours, each with cats. 

Our garden has become their dumping ground and at night they loudly fight each other.

i don't like cats at the best of times but now I really despise them.

have scattered bonemeal around the flower beds and vegetable patch and at the front of the house (supposed to put them off as they don't like the smell) 

also have the super soaker at the ready to dispense liquid justice if I see any of the vermin come into the garden. 

Urinate around the border of your garden

Seriously, human urine is a cat repellent

Make sure you do it when the neighbours are watching to increase neighbour annoyance

And if you think I'm, joking, google it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Urinate around the border of your garden

Seriously, human urine is a cat repellent

Make sure you do it when the neighbours are watching to increase neighbour annoyance

And if you think I'm, joking, google it

That's a job for the wife :D

• Like 3

Â