Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

End of season awards

£3.5k for 10 places

You really need to stick your corporate shite up your arse and stop blowing out regular fans

Screenshot_20240306_214235_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

End of season awards

£3.5k for 10 places

You really need to stick your corporate shite up your arse and stop blowing out regular fans

Yeah very expensive but at least all the proceeds from the evening will be donated to Acorns...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Working in IT, we have a million vendors.

When it comes to working with this one, I have no issues.

But this shit, this pisses me off.

image.thumb.png.2559a0bdc237cbc10f8ae1c57044ec5c.png

image.thumb.png.dd5feb743f719e50d72a58fd5e70c726.png

🤨

Data Quality is important so it's key to have a consistent naming approach (ensures it's always pulled through on any MI reports etc). 

Not actually copying what the Co call themselves is weird though. 

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Data Quality is important so it's key to have a consistent naming approach (ensures it's always pulled through on any MI reports etc). 

Not actually copying what the Co call themselves is weird though. 

I 100% agree but they break their own policy immediately!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Working in IT, we have a million vendors.

When it comes to working with this one, I have no issues.

But this shit, this pisses me off.

image.thumb.png.2559a0bdc237cbc10f8ae1c57044ec5c.png

image.thumb.png.dd5feb743f719e50d72a58fd5e70c726.png

🤨

To be fair, I've come across plenty of these in my previous life as a designer.

It's the difference between a 'written' version of the name and a graphical logo - there's plenty of companies that have done this. Off the top of my head - Amazon (amazon in the logo), Adidas (likewise) and Facebook.

Perfect for this thread though 😀

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Petty thing pissed me off this morning. Having walked 30 mins to work someone held the door for me when I was a good 20ft away causing me to break into an almost jog so as not to leave them holding it for me for ages. Was totally unnecessary.

I thought 6ft was the unwritten rule? (can be extended to 10ft if it's for a pretty lady)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I did consider it but they're £7.50 a pop.

Oof. I thought if Tom Cruise can finish a curry and enjoy it so much he orders a second one then you can have a second Burrito.

41 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Petty thing pissed me off this morning. Having walked 30 mins to work someone held the door for me when I was a good 20ft away causing me to break into an almost jog so as not to leave them holding it for me for ages. Was totally unnecessary.

I thought 6ft was the unwritten rule? (can be extended to 10ft if it's for a pretty lady)

They must think you’re looking off-the-scale stunning today, matey.

• Thanks 1

People that measure distances in "ft".

I can live with feet for heights (of people). I can deal with yards (because it's pretty much the same as metres),, but feet is just wrong for distances.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

People that measure distances in "ft".

I can live with feet for heights (of people). I can deal with yards (because it's pretty much the same as metres),, but feet is just wrong for distances.

Yeah for stuff like mountains, ocean depth or aircraft travel, I automatically do the feet to yards to metres to km (and then miles if I want it).

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

That's one for the Very British Problems thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

did you then find yourself saying 

"Cheers" as you got there 

"Thanks "as you walked through the door 

and then "cheers " again one they let go of the door once you were through ?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

did you then find yourself saying 

"Cheers" as you got there 

"Thanks "as you walked through the door 

and then "cheers " again one they let go of the door once you were through ?

Where I work there is one corridor with about 3 or 4 doors in a row so when walking behind someone have to say

“cheers”

”thanks”

“nice one”

”cheers again”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â