Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

One for the unpopular opinions thread, but I consider Yorkshire puddings to be the most overrated food items ever. They're inoffensive enough, but just... meh. 

Nah. A really GOOD Yorkshire Pud is a thing of beauty.

But nothing worse than a bad one. I won't touch them at Toby Carvery. Totally dried out nasty crispy things. They've got to be nice and chewy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colhint said:

Bloody horrible feeling. People can be shite 

We came back from holiday to our house being robbed when I was a kid. It is a horrible feeling that’s difficult to explain.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

We came back from holiday to our house being robbed when I was a kid. It is a horrible feeling that’s difficult to explain.

It's strange one, they got in a side door, took the daughter-in-laws bag containing a purse, and that was it.

Could have been worse but it will teach them to lock the bloody doors.

I live in a very small village and there is always Ring doorbell footage being posted on FB of vermin scum loitering about at 3am trying to nick peoples cars or break into the house.

Problem is, the scum know it takes 20 minutes for Plod to arrive as there in no local station (cheers Tories).

A bit of vigilantism must be in order.

• Like 1

When we got robbed the kids were in primary school. They were a bit upset. Silly sod who did it rented a one bed flat in the village,  with the help of the authorities, hed just been released 2 days. Feds came round and 4 hours later they nicked him. He robbed the house next door and our house. Took our TV and car. Found my car on his drive. 

Now this all happened on school sports day. So I went to watch. All the kids were lined up in different teams as the parents walked past. I saw my daughter close to the front of her line. I shouted across to her that they had caught the burglar and the whole school cheered. Both kids were ok after that.

• Like 4

One other thing which maybe useful for the future. When the cops came around, they said they already knew who it probably was, and they had evidence from the other break in.

Bear that bit in mind. When they called me later saying they had found the car they asked if they could check for fingerprints etc. I said yes. Now I would say no. The car was less than a mile from my house, but now was at a different location. Two things

I had to pay a £100 towing fee

Whatever they use looking for prints never comes out no matter how many washes or waxes, you could still see the marks.

Edited by colhint
Typo

I replaced my car about a month ago, in general I am very happy with it but I did noticed that there was a bit of vibration coming through from the engine which I hadn’t had on my previous car.

I explored online and under the bonnet and found the culprit. Right hand engine mount was knackered. Rather than the rubber block isolating the engine vibration in the middle of the bracket it had slumped down and sat at the base, conducting the vibrations into the body. The top of the rubber mount was also visibly collapsed so very conclusive.

The car has warranty with a company who strongly recommend Halfords Autocentres. Called in last Monday, told them the issue but earliest they could see it was today. They wanted it at 8:30am. Dropped it off and heard nothing so I just gave them a call. In the 6 hours they’ve had it they have confirmed that the engine mount needs replacing and are now trying to source one. FFS! I told them this last week, and it only takes a 5 minute look for a mechanic to confirm.

“Almost certainly won’t be sorted today, we’re trying to locate a supplier of the mount we can use. When we get one we’ll call you to give you an update”.

Useless pricks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was getting my stuff out of the locker in the gym, a bloke saw me in my Villa shirt and started talking football, he's a Palace fan etc etc, then halfway through the conversation he pulls his pants down.  I mean I get that he's got to get changed but does he have to pick thay particular moment to do that?  I hate it when people are walking round with their cocks out in the changing room.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I replaced my car about a month ago, in general I am very happy with it but I did noticed that there was a bit of vibration coming through from the engine which I hadn’t had on my previous car.

I explored online and under the bonnet and found the culprit. Right hand engine mount was knackered. Rather than the rubber block isolating the engine vibration in the middle of the bracket it had slumped down and sat at the base, conducting the vibrations into the body. The top of the rubber mount was also visibly collapsed so very conclusive.

The car has warranty with a company who strongly recommend Halfords Autocentres. Called in last Monday, told them the issue but earliest they could see it was today. They wanted it at 8:30am. Dropped it off and heard nothing so I just gave them a call. In the 6 hours they’ve had it they have confirmed that the engine mount needs replacing and are now trying to source one. FFS! I told them this last week, and it only takes a 5 minute look for a mechanic to confirm.

“Almost certainly won’t be sorted today, we’re trying to locate a supplier of the mount we can use. When we get one we’ll call you to give you an update”.

Useless pricks.

I think a lot of car places like this now. I scoff when the dealer or garage gives me the option to wait in their waiting area while they do my MOT or service or whatever.

I don't have 9 hours to kill I'm afraid mate

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was getting my stuff out of the locker in the gym, a bloke saw me in my Villa shirt and started talking football, he's a Palace fan etc etc, then halfway through the conversation he pulls his pants down.  I mean I get that he's got to get changed but does he have to pick thay particular moment to do that?  I hate it when people are walking round with their cocks out in the changing room.

Was it big?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

They all seem to do this now. If I've taken it to a garage, I want it fixed. 

A while back, dropped off my car with a suspected broken spring - told the guy what I thought it was.

"Leave it with me". Rings me up six hours later - "Yeah it was the spring. Do you want me to order one?" YES!  "I can't fit you in again until three weeks Tuesday" :(

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Maybe he wanted to bum you. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They all seem to do this now. If I've taken it to a garage, I want it fixed. 

A while back, dropped off my car with a suspected broken spring - told the guy what I thought it was.

"Leave it with me". Rings me up six hours later - "Yeah it was the spring. Do you want me to order one?" YES!  "I can't fit you in again until three weeks Tuesday" :(

They called me back at 5:15pm

”our supplier doesn’t have that part in stock so you should take it to Ford”

**** useless time wasters.

”you also need to come and collect it pronto as we don’t have space to store it inside over night”.

I’ve sent them a right shitty complaint. Basically couldn’t be arsed to source a common part for a very common car.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

They called me back at 5:15pm

”our supplier doesn’t have that part in stock so you should take it to Ford”

**** useless time wasters.

”you also need to come and collect it pronto as we don’t have space to store it inside over night”.

I’ve sent them a right shitty complaint. Basically couldn’t be arsed to source a common part for a very common car.

If it’s under warranty why didn’t you just take it to Ford anyway?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Maybe he wanted to bum you. 

Probably. He was a Crystal Palace fan. Bunch of deviants. 

12 hours ago, colhint said:

Bloody horrible feeling. People can be shite 

People are utterly horrendous, that's why I prefer cats.

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

If it’s under warranty why didn’t you just take it to Ford anyway?

It’s an aftermarket warranty as it’s 5 years old. They have their preferred network to use (Halfords Autocentres). For some reason I don’t think they pay the crazy hourly rates the OEM’s charge. I will look into it more tomorrow.

I thought for a simple swap out of a cheapish part Halfords would suffice. I was wrong.

• Like 1

Â