Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Properties for sale on Rightmove, et al, that have prices but then "Offers in Excess Of" or "Offers Over" - **** off. Just put the figure you want, you words removed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Properties for sale on Rightmove, et al, that have prices but then "Offers in Excess Of" or "Offers Over" - **** off. Just put the figure you want, you words removed. 

Or the clever trick starts as say £300k guide price, then they reduce it to “offers over £285k” so they haven’t actually reduced anything at all. 

• Like 1

Climate protesters latest.....letting down tyres of SUV. 

Not that I would ever be able to afford one....and yes, some proper words removed own them but if you've earned it through hard graft then to see some unwashed, tree hugging eco warrior using mung beans to help deflate the tyres.....well.....it does my head in.

Why not spray paint the local BMW dealership in tasteful orange instead of picking on the man in the street ?

No dig at anyone on here who is passionate about saving the planet - I get it, but does Swampy really believe he is going to influence the government by picking on the odd SUV parked across the road from his squat ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Not that I would ever be able to afford one....and yes, some proper words removed own them but if you've earned it through hard graft then to see some unwashed, tree hugging eco warrior using mung beans to help deflate the tyres.....well.....it does my head in.

Why not spray paint the local BMW dealership in tasteful orange instead of picking on the man in the street ?

No dig at anyone on here who is passionate about saving the planet - I get it, but does Swampy really believe he is going to influence the government by picking on the odd SUV parked across the road from his squat ?

I do wonder why SUV’s get all the negative attention? There’s plenty of vehicles in the road with terrible fuel economy’s. Merc’s, Ferrari, Aston, Mustangs, Ford ST’s. How about older cars from the 1990’s? 

It’s a bit lazy :lol: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

This style of campaign started iirc in Sweden, and it worked. Wankpanzer sales tanked. 

Society doesn't need them. People don't need them. The planet doesn't need them.  The idea is that people who buy one don't think about their impact on the environment or other people at all. Once their tyres have been let down, maybe they wake up a bit. 

The only need for these **** things is with the people that make them. There are some great skilled people all over the world making these pieces of shit. Imagine what humanity could achieve if their skills were put to something useful. 

My sympathy with people on the receiving end of this type of protest is nil. 

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Or the clever trick starts as say £300k guide price, then they reduce it to “offers over £285k” so they haven’t actually reduced anything at all. 

Or they put a low price and in the blurb it mentions it will be an auction and that is the starting price. **** arsewipes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I do wonder why SUV’s get all the negative attention? There’s plenty of vehicles in the road with terrible fuel economy’s. Merc’s, Ferrari, Aston, Mustangs, Ford ST’s. How about older cars from the 1990’s? 

It’s a bit lazy :lol: 

They're coming for your Kuga, Dave! Diesel and SUV. You might as well go the whole hog and ritually slaughter cute mammals! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The 'X' meltdown because Sainsburys are having a few software problems. First world problems personified.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

The 'X' meltdown because Sainsburys are having a few software problems. First world problems personified.

I love this sort of thing, because the national embarrassment of a high profile software failure during a routine update is the ammo I need to keep my bosses on their toes and stop them trying to cut the funding. Will be watching the post-mortem with interest!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I see your point, and I also see @Anthony's view - you don't need a Defender or G-Wagen if you live in Islington, or Wimbledon. 

However, modern SUVs may well be hybrid and 'greener' than older smaller cars. My car is terrible for emissions hence the high road tax, but I barely use it, so is it that bad for the environment? Its 17 years old and hardly used! I'd class that as greener than a more modern cleaner car that is used daily. There is no easy answer, but I guess targeting expensive SUVs in urban areas gets the headlines they want. 

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I love this sort of thing, because the national embarrassment of a high profile software failure during a routine update is the ammo I need to keep my bosses on their toes and stop them trying to cut the funding. Will be watching the post-mortem with interest!

Has @Seat68 been working at J Sainsbury?! :P 

Tesco have come out in sympathy as well and have unconnected issues! :) 

• Haha 1

I've got 1.6 Kia Sportage.

We had it because my wife suffers with back pain and we had two young kids to keep putting in the back in those rear facing baby seats.  It was bad enough for me without back issues.

I'm a proper tree hugger, but these people are **** morons.  They have zero clue about the reasons people buy specific cars or equipment, **** off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I don't need them.

FIFY

Do you live in a country where you get real snowfalls? I do and my Ford Focus, at times, just does not cut it.

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Has @Seat68 been working at J Sainsbury?! :P 

Tesco have come out in sympathy as well and have unconnected issues! :) 

I have a permanent position with the largest pet goods retailer, I do however know some clowns who work on Sainsbury's software, pos and e-commerce. I will be dropping them a gif of nelson munce. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

it’s a twitter account I have a look at every now and again

For many it looks like It’s attacks on expensive cars, motivated by jealousy. RR, Bentley and Porsche all have hybrids which aren’t emitting any emissions on short journeys. I wonder if they check the spec before taking action?

A 5 litre supercharged sports car, all good. An electric car with higher suspension = scum.

Edited by Genie

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Or why not walk to beachy head and throw yourself off it , one less person creating a carbon footprint on the planet they want to save 

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Yeah the only thing this achieves is getting it to show up on searches at a lower threshold

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Assuming they’re just letting the air out and not slashing them, It’s a fairly low damage way to raise awareness to be fair. 

• Like 1

Â