Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah the only thing this achieves is getting it to show up on searches at a lower threshold

and emails go out to say “reduced”. I think it has to be a reduction of 2% or more to be show as reduced.

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

FIFY

Do you live in a country where you get real snowfalls? I do and my Ford Focus, at times, just does not cut it.

I grew up in my teens in rural Norfolk. Not even in the village. If you need a 4x4, get a 4x4. Nobody needs these things, which look like they might be good at off road because they're big, but are shit at it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I grew up in my teens in rural Norfolk. Not even in the village. If you need a 4x4, get a 4x4. Nobody needs these things, which look like they might be good at off road because they're big, but are shit at it. 

I see, there is fog on the channel; Europe is cut off.

It’s the whole thing, the size of cars is being Americanised when there is no need. 

Car parking spaces are having to be redefined because of the race to be bigger, higher, wider, more of a ‘presence’ on the road. What then happens, is the guy with the Range Rover of the Mitsubishi then realises that parking on the road he might get a scratch because his car is so bloated. Not a problem, I’ll park half of it up on the pavement.

We’re buying cars that are too big for the urban environment. Whatever you want to call them, sUV, 4x4, the point is they are too big and too aggressive.

You just don’t need a Macan to drop Timmy off at school or get two kids to Burger King.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Assuming they’re just letting the air out and not slashing them, It’s a fairly low damage way to raise awareness to be fair. 

Fair point Stevo.

However.....I don't know about you but if I have only ONE flat tyre I more than annoyed about the inconvenience but all four......and done by someone who feels entitled to target me for climate change abuse..... I really wouldn't trust myself not to take a tyre spanner to his/her head as he/she raised my awareness.

Edited by mottaloo

53 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Or why not walk to beachy head and throw yourself off it , one less person creating a carbon footprint on the planet they want to save 

Charming. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s all fun and games until inevitably there is an emergency and the car is unusable and someone dies.

We need a stat here, the number killed or injured by oversized overpowered cars in the urban environment, against the number of people killed or injured by not being able to use their X5.

I’m not really advocating any sort of violence or vandalism here. I’m more about trying to work out the psychology of justifying to yourself a Land Cruiser in Swindon.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

..... I really wouldn't trust myself not to take a tyre spanner to his/her head as he/she raised my awareness.

Charming

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We need a stat here, the number killed or injured by oversized overpowered cars in the urban environment, against the number of people killed or injured by not being able to use their X5.

I’m not really advocating any sort of violence or vandalism here. I’m more about trying to work out the psychology of justifying to yourself a Land Cruiser in Swindon.

Maybe the car has more uses than the school run? Camping holidays? Caravan holidays? Towing? Fishing? Work? Large family? 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m getting an electric 4x4 

Am I on the fence?

It’s too big, it’s bad because errr, erm, it’s expensive and unnecessary and err I don’t know… but it’s definitely nothing to do with jealousy :D 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe the car has more uses than the school run? Camping holidays? Caravan holidays? Towing? Fishing? Work? Large family? 

Oh I’m sure in some cases it does. But come on, look around you, the majority are pointlessly large expressions of a lifestyle choice. Like buying a car that can do 160mph in a town with an average speed of 23mph. I’d suggest the majority of F Pace purchases are not out of necessity. 

My job has involved driving 20,000 miles a year. I’ve got family, I go on holiday, I’ve taken the kids on camping holidays. I’ve moved students across the country and organised house clearances. All that usual stuff. I’ve survived without a Defender.

• Like 2

In our house there are 2 city cars and my Merc GLA. My commute now is a few trips to south Manchester a week and so will be going to change my car to something a bit less fuel hungry. As much as I want a big car. 

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh I’m sure in some cases it does. But come on, look around you, the majority are pointlessly large expressions of a lifestyle choice. Like buying a car that can do 160mph in a town with an average speed of 23mph. I’d suggest the majority of F Pace purchases are not out of necessity. 

My job has involved driving 20,000 miles a year. I’ve got family, I go on holiday, I’ve taken the kids on camping holidays. I’ve moved students across the country and organised house clearances. All that usual stuff. I’ve survived without a Defender.

Why the obsession with premium brands then? If it’s really about the environment why not be critical of Renault, VW, Ford, Vauxhall who all do SUV’s and often with big engines. You keep mentioning Jaguar, Land Rover, Ranger Rover, BMW.

Why is it even about SUV’s at all? Why are you triggered by the fact these cars have a high top speed they’re likely to never get to? Why don’t they study the dirtiest cars in the road and go after them? Old Euro 3 and 4 spec engines maybe? Cars still running LRP. High performance cars of all sizes with single digit mpg’s.

It looks very much like attacks on wealthy people dressed up as environmentalists. Like when people will scratch a fancy car for no reason.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why the obsession with premium brands then? If it’s really about the environment why not be critical of Renault, VW, Ford, Vauxhall who all do SUV’s and often with big engines. You keep mentioning Jaguar, Land Rover, Ranger Rover, BMW.

Why is it even about SUV’s at all? Why are you triggered by the fact these cars have a high top speed they’re likely to never get to? Why don’t they study the dirtiest cars in the road and go after them? Old Euro 3 and 4 spec engines maybe? Cars still running LRP. High performance cars of all sizes with single digit mpeg’s.

It looks very much like attacks on wealthy people dressed up as environmentalists. Like when people will scratch a fancy car for no reason.

I’m not sure its me that’s been triggered.

But I’m happy for you to read Skoda Kodiaq wherever I’ve written Bentley Bentayga.

If we don’t want to see or hear the counter argument to big butch cars, I’ll drop out.

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m not sure its me that’s been triggered.

But I’m happy for you to read Skoda Kodiaq wherever I’ve written Bentley Bentayga.

If we don’t want to see or hear the counter argument to big butch cars, I’ll drop out.

😉 

50 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’d suggest the majority of F Pace purchases are not out of necessity

50 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve survived without a Defender.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

not being able to use their X5.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

You just don’t need a Macan

It shouldn’t matter who makes the car if it’s about the environment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Fair point Stevo.

However.....I don't know about you but if I have only ONE flat tyre I more than annoyed about the inconvenience but all four......and done by someone who feels entitled to target me for climate change abuse..... I really wouldn't trust myself not to take a tyre spanner to his/her head as he/she raised my awareness.

Kind of the point really isn’t it

1 hour ago, Genie said:

😉 

It shouldn’t matter who makes the car if it’s about the environment.

You left out the Toyota and the Mitsubishi.

Â