Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Marathon is 42.2 km give or take for me because I'm not a psychopath

Same, but if you are racing in UK you'll be passing mile markers 26 times along the way. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Missed 'X number of football pitches' for size.

Big numbers worked out to nurses salaries.

"Carlos Kickaball is on £300k a week, or 12 nurses annual salaries per week. Disgrace!"

While we are on units of measurement, and our friends from over the pond... what the **** are US Gallons about?!

Just now, Xela said:

While we are on units of measurement, and our friends from over the pond... what the **** are US Gallons about?!

Add "cups" to that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Add "cups" to that. 

"Just add a 'quart' of oil to the engine"

U Wot M8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I fondly remember walking to my local newsagents and ordering a quarter of my favourite sweets.

Not sure why we weren't allowed the whole amount.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I was disappointed when I discovered that the American game I'd seen on TV and was for hardcore drinkers,  namely Edward 40 hands.

Only involved drinking 4 pints of average (for the UK) strength beer (5%+).

There's probably 12 year olds in the UK who could do that.

I don't mind cups for baking, it's really quick to scoop a cup of flour, water, etc, quicker than weighing.

It's when it gets used for solids of varying sizes that annoys me. A cup of broccoli?!

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

We have a football pitch rented for our company once a week for an hour and a half. It's a 5 a side pitch, so with 1 sub, we play max 12 people every week.

I'll be honest, there's limited actual interest from our employees, so we end up playing 10/12 people each week from shared friend pools.

In order to extend the contract, we needed to get people from within the company to click a link saying they would be interested in playing.

We asked some colleagues and ended up with 16 people saying they would play, which we thought would be good.

We find out we're not getting the contract extended, due to 'limited interest'. Tbh it's fair, it's not a company game at all anymore. But their reasoning is that 16 people is 6% of the company which isn't enough people.

What do they want? 20% or like 50 people to turn up every week? 2 mins per person? This is the definition of the thread title for me.

Right outcome, ridiculous reasoning :D 

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We have a football pitch rented for our company once a week for an hour and a half. It's a 5 a side pitch, so with 1 sub, we play max 12 people every week.

I'll be honest, there's limited actual interest from our employees, so we end up playing 10/12 people each week from shared friend pools.

In order to extend the contract, we needed to get people from within the company to click a link saying they would be interested in playing.

We asked some colleagues and ended up with 16 people saying they would play, which we thought would be good.

We find out we're not getting the contract extended, due to 'limited interest'. Tbh it's fair, it's not a company game at all anymore. But their reasoning is that 16 people is 6% of the company which isn't enough people.

What do they want? 20% or like 50 people to turn up every week? 2 mins per person? This is the definition of the thread title for me.

Right outcome, ridiculous reasoning :D 

Sounds like they know what's actually happening and have picked their excuse to pull the rug to me.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Sounds like they know what's actually happening and have picked their excuse to pull the rug to me.

I thought so, but within the social fund committee who pick the funding; I know the girl doing the checking and I am 99.99% sure she has no idea.

53 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't mind cups for baking, it's really quick to scoop a cup of flour, water, etc, quicker than weighing.

That’s fine… but how much is it?! Cups vary in size 😳

• Like 1

Â