Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

For those who liked 80 blocks from Tiffany's

A history of drugs in Detroit... it's a rough enough doc, but the sheer scale of death is frightening.

"Detroit bankruptcy documentary on Crime: Gangs, drug dealers, decline of the economy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjMXFOMhbeQ

Edited by villakram

On 23/11/2015, 23:41:43, coda said:

Just watched it. Excellent, tense and gripping like Sicario at times.

On 23/11/2015, 23:18:01, villa4europe said:

Cartel land was on BBC tonight, forgot about it, will try and see if it's on iplayer

Watched this last night, Mexico is a mess, great documentary though and what a character that ' Merielis'?  Fella is . 

On 11/24/2015, 1:21:09, Wainy316 said:

Love King of Kong, Billy Mitchell is the greatest screen villain of all time.

Yep, recommended that on the first page of this thread. Brilliant documentary.

• 1 month later...

Watched Amy the other day. Must admit to not being a massive fan, but I could always appreciate her talent as a singer and song writer. Unfortunate that the two men in her life, that she loved the most let her down so badly. Her Father especially comes out of it pretty baddly I think. Sad story.

11 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Watched Amy the other day. Must admit to not being a massive fan, but I could always appreciate her talent as a singer and song writer. Unfortunate that the two men in her life, that she loved the most let her down so badly. Her Father especially comes out of it pretty baddly I think. Sad story.

Posted this in the TV Show thread. Her dad for me played a big part in her death. Though never really mentioned in the media. She was a young girl for gods sake. He should have been looking out for his daughter, not advertising her every chance he had. She would have quite easily made it without him, just needed professional management, probably would have been still alive today if so.

Was never a big fan, but what a talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Watched the jihadis next door last night, interesting that these young men have so much rage and disaffection in them, but heart warming that muslims were calling them out. 

Did they not say enough on camera to incriminate themselves?

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Did they not say enough on camera to incriminate themselves?

They were very careful not to, they knew the law and almost found it funny what they could and couldnt say. 

That was the summer of the greatest hockey.....ever. Insane talent-level assembled on the ice. Even though this is focusing on Canada and Soviet. The swedes and the czech where utterly fantastic as well. The fact that Patrick Roy, Steve Yzerman, Cam Neely, Al MacInnis, Scott Stevens, Dino Ciccarelli and Wendel Clark where axed for Canada that tournament says a truckload. Mike Keenan picked a team instead of All stars, remember 1981.

• 5 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The definitive documentary on the subject, IMO... brilliant film, I'd watch it before it gets taken down!

This was on TV in the UK on Sunday. It was indeed an excellent watch. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

First contact on Ch4 tonight was rather fascinating ... Seems hard to fathom that  tribes can still be living with barely any contact with the outside world in 2016 but then again the Amazon is a vast place 

In the same vein as "The Jinx" and, if like me, you enjoyed Making A Murderer I am sure you'll be captivated by this murder story.

https://vimeo.com/122319173

The moral of the story in "Death on the Staircase" is if you ever get arrested for anything serious in America, mortgage everything you have for the best lawyer you can afford. Even then it may not be enough.....

Â