Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

I recently watched a documentary called 'The Hammer Maniacs', and I really wish I didn't...

Yeah, read about them the other year. Horrific. There are videos online of some of the actual murders that were leaked (recorded on their mobile phones when they were on their spree)

Yes, I saw one of those videos when a guy I know knew thought it would be top bantz to watch brutal murder.

I wouldn't recommend it.

The same dude was also big into bestiality videos. Like, he would have all sorts of weird shit on his mobile.

Not sure where he is now. Prison, I suspect.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Dr Pangloss, was the doc you watched a Chilean one? Apparently they got a lot of the footage, did they actually show it?

Yeah, they apparently had 'unseen' (as far as the public was concerned) footage, they obviously didn't show any of the impact but they played the sounds. Most of that that footage was the killers waiting around looking for a victim and then attacking him. For a documentary it's pretty 'full on'.

Morbid curiosity got the better of me and I ended up watching one of the videos that was leaked, it's called 'three guys one hammer', it's about 4-5 mins long and I got through about 90 seconds off it before I switched it off, absolutely the worst thing I've ever seen. 

History buffs will not want to miss this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYEul73IZrE&spfreload=10

I really enjoyed watching that.  Pushing the helicopters off of the deck to make room for others coming in really brought it home how desperate it was trying to get as many people out as possible.  

EDIT: "enjoyed" probably isn't the right word.  I was engrossed.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Yes, the last 24 hours was absolutely harrowing with the city surrounded by the NVA, fleeing boats being stopped by the SVA to check for deserters...and the scenes at the embassy too, just so tense and sad.

watched dawg fight last night on netflix, film about how backyard fights are now flavour of the month amongst the hard up areas of america, $200 for a win, $50 for a loss, loads of them doing it trying to do the kimbo slice thing and make a living off it, it was more about the fighting with some social commentary thrown in, definitely a sports film, by billy corben who did ESPN 30 for 30 the U, it doesnt hold back on showing the fights, good watch

• 2 weeks later...

another thumbs up for Maqrolls Vietnam documentary there

I watched it a couple of evenings ago and got thoroughly engrossed, did all of it in one sitting.

Hadn't realised the lead up to it, there'd been a ceasefire, but then the north took advantage of the Nixon / Ford and anti war distractions of america to power back up and steam down the roads to Saigon without hindrance (surely not a spoiler!).

• Like 1

Did anybody watch Panorama last night, whilst not claiming Mo Farah used steroids, he belongs to a training camp where both Prednisone and Testosterone are being used and his performances have improved significantly since he started working with salazar

Yes, the last 24 hours was absolutely harrowing with the city surrounded by the NVA, fleeing boats being stopped by the SVA to check for deserters...and the scenes at the embassy too, just so tense and sad.

And yet that was the day the US began to win the Vietnam war. It's a weird world.

And yet that was the day the US began to win the Vietnam war. It's a weird world.

hmm, how do you reckon?

hmm, how do you reckon?

Well Vietnam has been progressively less of a communist country ever since.

I get your point but we had our asses whooped. Time softened their commie edges, we didn't.

Time and winning the cold war. Whatever the reason, a visiting Martian who last traveled here in 1967 would probably conclude that the US must have won the war.

Â