Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

• 3 months later...

Ones I've watched recently:

maxresdefault.jpg

Excellent, terrifying, eye opening.

51ukTt8tfaL.jpg

Decent actually, although started to drag in the middle. I feel like it had made it's point halfway through and then just carried on and on.

77-atxl1.jpg

Pretty crap. It doesn't really tell you much. it's just a timeline of games and consoles that have been released really. It was like one of those top 50 shows you get on Channel 4.

Edited by Stevo985

there was a thing in the news this week about blackfish, i think sea world have changed the set up of their shows, there has been a bit of a backlash because people simply arent buying it anymore, its a very good well made documentary, but unlike say the cove which was also a good film, its had a huge impact, sea world is on its ass

I'm always wary of documentaries that only show you one side of the story. It's so easy to get swept up in it without the other side of it having an opportunity to give their version.

But Blackfish was incredibly persuasive. Not just from animal cruelty perspective, but from the perspective of it being very dangerous for the trainers.

Just watched Orion: The Man Who Would Be King. Excellent doc, about a guy who had a singing voice exactly like Elvis, and how he was marketed as a kind of rebirth of Elvis, after his death. Well worth a watch, on iPlayer at the moment, from the makers of Sound It Out and The Great Hip Hop Hoax. 

I thought this was really good.

An eccentric millionaire captures and rehabilitates man-killing Sumatran tigers , before releasing them into his own private jungle ... Which surrounds an inhabited plantation. 

tiger-island-header2.jpg

Edited by Brumerican
man killing to man-killing

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Cartel land was on BBC tonight, forgot about it, will try and see if it's on iplayer

Just watched it. Excellent, tense and gripping like Sicario at times.

• Like 1

Two of my favourite documentaries over the years I've seen are:

'Exit Through the Gift Shop' - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587707/

and 'The King of Kong - A Fistful of Quarters' - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/

First one is Banksy's first documentary and it got oscar nominated, brilliant story. Second one if all about guys who played competitive arcade computer games. Doesn't sound like much but it takes loads of twists and turns, has everything in it and the characters are brilliant too. Both well worth watching if you've not seen them.

I've never even heard of this skateboard doc so definitely going to give that a watch this week, ta.

Edited by SpanishVilla
  • Like 1

Â