Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

Did anybody watch Panorama last night, whilst not claiming Mo Farah used steroids, he belongs to a training camp where both Prednisone and Testosterone are being used and his performances have improved significantly since he started working with salazar

How does prednisone improve performance? I was on it for a while to stop internal bleeding and all it did for me was cause my face to swell up!  :D

I've no great huge in skateboarding but watched this last night (on Netflix) and it was excellent. The story of two Aussie brothers who ripped up the skating world, seemingly pushed the sport on to a new level and then spectacularly imploded. Fascinating but harrowing story.

ALL-THIS-MAYHEM_990x1467_zpsoeixoe9s.jpg

• Like 1

Did anybody watch Panorama last night, whilst not claiming Mo Farah used steroids, he belongs to a training camp where both Prednisone and Testosterone are being used and his performances have improved significantly since he started working with salazar

How does prednisone improve performance? I was on it for a while to stop internal bleeding and all it did for me was cause my face to swell up!  :D

I was on it too for six months because i had a virus which caused inflamation in the optic nerve.  Its suppose to thin bone density so who knows, but think it was used for respiratory reasons. 

I've no great huge in skateboarding but watched this last night (on Netflix) and it was excellent. The story of two Aussie brothers who ripped up the skating world, seemingly pushed the sport on to a new level and then spectacularly imploded. Fascinating but harrowing story.

Watched this the other night and thought it was great. Crazy to think where Tony Hawk's career went after landing that 900 with his video games etc. I'd say the Pappas brothers were better skaters as well. Such a shame.

• Like 2

just watched it, i know absolutely nothing about skating and had never heard of them, its a strange one because like he said right at the start there are always 3 stories, your version, their version and the truth, im of no doubt tony hawk will tell a very different story, at least they did interview the bloke who fire bombed their house and didnt like them, shame they didnt go deeper in to the dad robbing all the money, with me knowing nothing about skate boarding in mind, im not sure how heavily if at all it was edited but watching those 2 vs tony hawk, safe and precise vs loose and nuts, to the untrained eye i know which i think should be scoring higher but im not sure, that with hawk doing the 900, can remember him doing it, didnt realise he'd not landed 4/5 times before and they let him keep going until he did

• Like 1

I was just about to post this, absolutely superb documentary and an unbelievable story!

I remember Ben Pappas getting arrested, I had no idea how crazy his life and backstory were.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 1

just watched it, i know absolutely nothing about skating and had never heard of them, its a strange one because like he said right at the start there are always 3 stories, your version, their version and the truth, im of no doubt tony hawk will tell a very different story, at least they did interview the bloke who fire bombed their house and didnt like them, shame they didnt go deeper in to the dad robbing all the money, with me knowing nothing about skate boarding in mind, im not sure how heavily if at all it was edited but watching those 2 vs tony hawk, safe and precise vs loose and nuts, to the untrained eye i know which i think should be scoring higher but im not sure, that with hawk doing the 900, can remember him doing it, didnt realise he'd not landed 4/5 times before and they let him keep going until he did

Me too, 3 stories is so right.

Up until I saw that documentary I thought Hawk was a legend. The skater who pushed the boundaries of the sport and made it the amazing draw it is today, he wasn't, he isn't and that smarmy attitude he projects is actually true.

I'm no skater, despite loving the sport for two decades, but it's always been that way, Hawk always got the support and I assumed it was because he's so smooth, clearly that's not the only reason. The same occurs in surfing, though at least Kelly left for a while and others got some of the limelight. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another fan of 'All this Mayhem' here. 

Great documentary. 

The segment where Tas beats Hawk in the 'play off' after finishing dead level, showed just how much better Tas was. 

• Like 1

Watched banksy does New York on sky arts, it's not as good as exit through the gift shop and it'll depend on your opinion on banksy but I enjoyed it, basically he did 31 pieces over 31 days in various New York locations and created a website with snippets of info as to their location leading to a scavenger hunt to find them, most of the footage was from Instagram of the various hunters

It was interesting for several reasons but didn't explore all of them, the governments view on street art / graffiti, the people who try and sign over them and the people who then desperately try and restore them (half are ruined within hours) the snobbery of the high arts community who paid no acknowledgement to what he was doing despite it highlighting just how big he is, the fact that people don't get some of his stuff and interpret it in different ways (especially the ghetto 4 life) how the social media aspect of it was in a way the whole "art"

The last point is probably the one that's picked up on the most but isn't really the most interesting

It's worth a watch, I didn't even know he'd done it

Â