Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

atari_game_over.jpg?itok=xVdRecla

Atari: Game Over.

The fascinating story of how one bloke, spurred on by an emerging industry living the dream a long time before "rock-nerds" like John Romero, Zuckerberg and Parker et. al. took the blame for destroying a billion dollar industry despite the fact that it was a bubble waiting to burst.

The subsequent urban myth (which I have believed was true and entirely plausible) was Atari's disaster of releasing the video game of E.T. was so bad, they took a million unsold cartridges and buried them in a landfill in New Mexico.

In this documentary, they go looking for the hidden treasure...

Watched this last night. Very enjoyable. Not a massive gaming fan but i did have an Atari 2600 (i think, or it was something very similar!) 

Watched this the other night too.

Pretty good. I love the legend of the ET burial so it appealed to me for that.

FED_UP_1SHT.jpg

Really sheds light about the obesity problems and how the government and the food industry are enabling each other, as per usual the lobbying in the US is a threat to the nation.. Fascinating facts and stats about Sugar as well, how they basically get you hooked on it from a young age and once you get older and don't have it you resemble signs of an addict. Brilliant documentary!

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Just watched the first couple of mins of that, and realised that's Tony Jameson. He's a big Villa fan, and a member of the North East Lions. Met him a few times at matches, and he's a nice bloke. 

I wasted a whole year playing that game in the mid 90's (think it was Championship Manager 2 then)

FED_UP_1SHT.jpg

Really sheds light about the obesity problems and how the government and the food industry are enabling each other, as per usual the lobbying in the US is a threat to the nation.. Fascinating facts and stats about Sugar as well, how they basically get you hooked on it from a young age and once you get older and don't have it you resemble signs of an addict. Brilliant documentary!

Watched some of this, it's pretty good. A lot of it is common sense though or a willingness to educate yourself about ingredients and health. Some of the people in the film with weight problems are either stupid or in denial. If you are obese, and your kids are obese, buying "Lean Hot Pockets" instead of regular ones isn't going to solve the problem. The food industry and lobby are enablers, but at some point people have to stop blaming everyone else for their problems. Put down the Twinkies and diet Coke, and pick up an apple, FFS.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant documentary on BBC4 last night called K2: The Killer Summit.

Like a thriller at times with heroism and some shady behaviour. It's available on iplayer, worth it for the scenery alone.

• Like 1

NYPD last week shot and killed a hammer maniac who'd been going around Manhattan hitting people over the head with the claw end. The blunt end probably would have done more damage as nobody was killed , but the dude was a sicko. A bloody hammer on his Facebook page, paranoid delusions...

I recently watched a documentary called 'The Hammer Maniacs', and I really wish I didn't...

Despite your warning I just read the wiki page on these guys.  **** me!  Not sure I can handle to doc.  How was this not bigger news?

I recently watched a documentary called 'The Hammer Maniacs', and I really wish I didn't...

Despite your warning I just read the wiki page on these guys. **** me! Not sure I can handle to doc. How was this not bigger news?

Wiki? Searching Wikipedia and IMDB for "hammer maniacs" yields no results in either case.

Â