Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Howe probably manager of the season tbh

Not for me

They spent a lot of money and the players that were shit and didn't care under Bruce suddenly remembered they're footballers and started performing  

Pep and Klopp are almost taken for granted but both teams are playing some of the best football the PL has ever seen 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Not for me

They spent a lot of money and the players that were shit and didn't care under Bruce suddenly remembered they're footballers and started performing  

Pep and Klopp are almost taken for granted but both teams are playing some of the best football the PL has ever seen 

Making Joelinton a capable Premier League player is a huge achievement. I dont think Pep or Klopp could do that 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Not for me

No team with 0 wins from their first 14 games has ever survived.

Newcastle were in that position and are now 9th. Utterly ridiculous.

The “lot of money” they’ve spent has needed to work instantaneously and it has. Everything Howe has done has worked brilliantly. Only Liverpool with more points in 2022 than Newcastle? Absurd.

The guy is doing an incredible job. 

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

No team with 0 wins from their first 14 games has ever survived.

Newcastle were in that position and are now 9th. Utterly ridiculous.

The “lot of money” they’ve spent has needed to work instantaneously and it has. Everything Howe has done has worked brilliantly. Only Liverpool with more points in 2022 than Newcastle? Absurd.

The guy is doing an incredible job. 

The 0 wins from 14 stuff is a bit bollocks though as they were still only about 4 points behind, they were never cut adrift and it was largely because of Bruce and Ashley and the poor mentality of the team under them 

I don't think Howe is doing anything incredible if I'm honest, I think they've got new owners, signed some good players, stopped trying to roll sleeves up for 90 minutes and actually play football and the whole buzz around the place is what has flipped the switch

Howe doesn't do this under Ashley, it's not him that's made the place happy and I think that's largely what we're seeing

Just now, theboyangel said:

It would be the type of thing they’d try and I don’t think it’d work out.

I’m sceptical it’ll work out for us if he were to sign permanently 

Yeah, they’d like the idea of “stealing” him off us as well as who he is. Ticks a couple of boxes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

So, which massive “name” will they sign for ludicrous money in the summer?

My guesses.

Bale, Pogba or Dybala.

Maybe they’ll go full mental and make an offer for Neymar.

If they continue recruiting the same way as in January, they’re more likely to sign Doucoure, Walker-Peters and Sanson.

17 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Have they spent more than us on their squad?

The Newcastle starting team yesterday cost 163 million with Bruno and Joelinton costing nearly 50 percent of it

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If they continue recruiting the same way as in January, they’re more likely to sign Doucoure, Walker-Peters and Sanson.

They were heavily likely to go down in January hence who they bought. Different story this summer.

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

They were heavily likely to go down in January hence who they bought. Different story this summer.

If the saudis get impatient and demand some glamour signings for their vanity project, they might try for some superstars. But if Howe has his way, I doubt it.

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It would be the type of thing they’d try and I don’t think it’d work out.

I’m sceptical it’ll work out for us if he were to sign permanently 

The type of thing they would try? Based on what? They've been worryingly sensible so far 

Looking at the table they are 6 points ahead of us with less goals scored and more goals against. I have no real point to that observation!

Â