Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They won't be, they're just being bigged up by the media 

Bruno is the only player they've signed so far that could play European football for them, they will need a huge turnover of players to get to where they want to be, it will take them a few years

Trippier aswell. In last four years he's been a regular in team at club level that won La Liga, another reached CL final and for national team started a world cup SF and Euros final so he's played at very high level.

Age against him a bit now given he's 31 but that could be Zabaleta type signing for Newcastle.

They really should be top half next season given they could easily be top half this season despite spending six months in the bottom three.

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I like your angle, can't wait to hear the first sky presenter say the big 7, really hope I'm not watching my best TV at the time.

surely it will initially come in the form of a pun to differentiate it from the Sky6 (and us mere mortals)

The Magnificent 7?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Throw Everton or Leicester in amongst it and you have the hateful 8

😂

I am sure the competition for European places will only spur our ambitious owners on.

Is our mission to break the cartel or have a nice cozy place amongst it. An easy on for your conscience but a difficult one in the real world!

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Throw Everton or Leicester in amongst it and you have the hateful 8

It would have to be West Ham to be the hateful 8 for me but I think their nose bleed status will eventually come to an end and they will return to being mid table/fighting relegation nobodies once again.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2022 at 19:41, bobzy said:

I don’t fully understand the rationale behind this. FFP is in place - the top clubs don’t want to be losing their dolla. Why would Newcastle be any different to other clubs who throw money around like, say, us??

It’s because the Premier League are adamant that the Saud government have nothing to do with it. Even though PIF is the sovereign wealth fund for Saudi Arabia and is controlled by Mohammed bin Salman. Yasir Al Rummayyan (Newcastle chairman) is the governor of the fund. He is also the high up in Saudi-Aramco. He oversaw the investment of £4.5billion into Uber (who still uses them??) he’s a board member there too. 

So ffp and whatever else won’t matter to them. Man City got away with it these guys are on a whole other level. However long it takes them they’ll get there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Thread title will look silly soon

This thread-title has been through their highs before. It even had a precursor with a similar name if I remember correctly.

Chill, we will still laugh at them, albeit with a different perspective and a massive frown  ;)

Their run has been great but I seem to recall Howe struggling to start with. 1 win in 9. Good job we never appointed him, fans would have been baying for his sacking by then.

They've been in amazing form, since Christmas only Liverpool have taken more points, the strange thing is that despite all the money they will spend in the summer next season they almost certainly won't go on a run as good as the one they've been since January, which could actually backfire on Howe, as expectations have been raised.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Team thay give a **** flying up a league of teams that don't 

Is that not even more annoying? But if I am honest looking at the table the only team that dont give a **** is Southampton, the rest are trying

We should be trying to give a **** and we are doing crap

• Like 1

On 21/04/2022 at 18:58, Rob182 said:

We should call it:

The Newcastle ‘definitely not owned by a murderous regime’ United thread

I definitely think the thread title should be changed, regardless of the reasons and that we may or may not laugh at them in future for different reasons, we're just going to look like idiots with a thread title like this. 

And I think your suggestion is absolute genius,  nearly spat my drink out 👍

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Â