Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yeah that ball to Bent was an absolute peach.

If Bent was half a yard quicker he'd have gotten to it at the perfect point. Instead he had to let it run a bit further and then the angle was tighter.

I don't think Benteke could have taken anything off the pass or it wouldn't have cleared the first defender.

While it's too early to really make any judgement on whether or not he'll come good, I will say that with him in the squad, there's a disconcerting effort to hoof it up to him.

That's not entirely his fault at all but I sincerely hope that we're not being directed to kick it up to him when he's in the squad. It creates bad habits.

Yeah it's pretty clear that we're not good enough a side to leave Darren Bent on the bench. I felt sorry for the lad today. His first three touches were quite good but then it went to pot. He worked hard and created that chance for himself by chasing down the defender (Olsson was it?) but lacked composure. Definitely needs a bit more time.

It wasn't really the wrong call though was it?

Bent has sone nothing this season apart from a tap in at Southampton.

Benteke kas proved to be more of a handful and linked wup really well with Gabby at City.

Bent could easily have started and been as anonymous as he has been for us...

maybe leaving him on the bench fired him up and thats the reason he scored?

maybe if he'd started we'd be complaining now that he was lazy and ineffective all game

not going to blame lambert for the call, benteke and bent hadn't played well together, but benteke had done more previously to this match. However he was well off the standard required. Bent will start again and maybe it's a kick up the arse for bent to not take his place for granted.

Think this was a move to put Bent in his place a bit; hopefully Bent won't take his place for granted again and actually get involved in the game in the future! Benteke should be putting those chances away if he's going to make it. He looks like a confidence player; so Id use him as an impact sub until hes found his feet.

hopefully Bent won't take his place for granted again and actually get involved in the game in the future!

when did he take his place for granted ? seems a rather odd assumption

he'll never run round the pitch like a headless chicken. he's a predator that scores goals if you give him the service

he's not going to change now after a career doing exactly what he's supposed to

Â