Christian Benteke

Kwan

Jesus some people are very quick to come to conclusions!

Give the lad a chance!!

For anyone writing him off already I would point to a certain Mr.Juan Pablo Angel. Couldn't kick snow off a rope when we first signed him but turned out to be a bloody good centre forward :)

Jesus some people are very quick to come to conclusions!

Give the lad a chance!!

For anyone writing him off already I would point to a certain Mr.Juan Pablo Angel. Couldn't kick snow off a rope when we first signed him but turned out to be a bloody good centre forward :)

Is that a joke?

JPA had one decent season and one great one. For the rest of his time he was terrible.

I hope Benteke will be better.

Yesterday was the first game I have seen him play and he managed to make Heskey look good. I'd say he had the touch of a rapist but that would be harsh on rapists. Toblerone Feet. Should have been hooked at half time and it was astonishing that Lambert persisted with him for so long.

sorry forgot to say that of course i wont be judging him having only seen him play once

He just doesn't look like a player to me. 7m wasted!

Very disappointing comment. Also fairly silly given the time frame he has been here.

The way he took his first goal, the pass to bent and the header against Southampton, to me show that he looks just like a player.

At 21 yrs of age, and one of Belgium's brightest prospects I think 7 mill in the current market is a very good investment, and a smart thing to do in the direction we want to go, a much better option than a 30 something looking for a last payday and who would have needed to be replaced in a yr.

He just doesn't look like a player to me. 7m wasted!

Moronic comment of the day.

He's entitled to his opinion, he's clearly not a moron. He's wrong but hey what the hell why the hell argue a point when you can just insult someone instead.

It's just unfortunate that he didn't do that well in the first televised game of the season, therefore the people who have only seen him play once have nothing else to compare him to.

I wasn't at City but have heard good things about his performance, seemed to be a key part of a side that beat the current league champions, took his goal well on debut, but has also missed some sitters.

Think he'll fit in well to what will be a very up and down season for the team in general.

I doubt he'll ever be more than a 10 goal a season striker. He'll be a bit like Gabby in that respect

But that doesn't mean he can't be molded into a decent forward. He's still a pup learning his trade

Its disappointing that in th WBA game he looked like a total carthorse, but his outstanding debut gave me enough hope that he will come good eventually. He's only 21 so there is a lot more to come yet. I think he should be used as an impact sub this season though; he had some great chances on sunday and fluffed the lot, he needs to put those away if he's going to cement a place in the team.

From what I've seen I think Carlton Cole is probably quite a good comparison. Not necessarily the really bad Carlton Cole who played for us (although he was on Saturday) but the average, inconsistent big centre forward who is occasionally really rather good. Not a bad option to have in the squad but not a starter for me.

From what I've seen I think Carlton Cole is probably quite a good comparison. Not necessarily the really bad Carlton Cole who played for us (although he was on Saturday) but the average, inconsistent big centre forward who is occasionally really rather good. Not a bad option to have in the squad but not a starter for me.

You could also compare him to Drogba if you are looking for a player that came from abroad and was poor when he first played, in fact he only poor for one game, Drogba was poor for a season.

It's ridiculous to try and compare him to anyone at the moment. One premier league start and you are labelling him inconsistent etc.

Â