Christian Benteke

Kwan

Excellent debut, showed great strength and hold up play, also has a good touch on him, he also took his goal very well.

Yes he missed a sitter but as long has he is getting into positions he´ll get his fair share here. Early days but I´m cautiously optimistic about him.

For me everyting that was good about benteke against swansea he just didnt do against saints. All we were doin was launching the ball up to him and trying to get the knock on for bent. Against swans he was holding it up and getting everyone involved. He has to do this at wba to be most effective.

Looks to me like his just a stronger and taller version of Bent.

Not great technically and will miss a few but if given the service will always been in the right place to get a pop at goal.

Has to be one of Bent/Benteke Poachers and Gabby/Weiman.

The main thing that worried me about Benteke today was his work rate. We cant have someone alongside Bent who doesnt at least work the channels or bust a gut to get into decent positions.

I wouldn't worry too much about the long ball thing, Lambert obv. set his stall out like that based on what he's seen on Southampton this season.

Im sure against WBA we will be different. Ireland is a massive loss to our team though.

We're going to see the best (or worst) of this guy in flashes. He does'nt look a 90min player, which for a professional footballer seems ridiculous, but he does'nt. Maybe he's going to have us salivating one game, then head-butting the wall the next?

Weimann needs to start, been very very impressed with him this season. One goal and he will go on a run, he works hard and isn't lacking ability on the ball.

Benteke will be a good player but like most of the signings, it needs time.

So this guy has played about 100 minutes of football and we already seem to have judged him, last week he was great this week no good?

Question - are some people to quick to make a decision about somebody, maybe a society problem?

smetrov wrote this in the lambert thread and I agree with him

people see a game and then give an opinion on how the rest of the season will pan out - seems reasonable to me.

no one is saying ''he is shite dont ever let him kick a ball for us again'' people are judging him on what they have seen and are well aware that opinions may/will change the more we see him

its early day''s but if he had played 100 minutes of football and scored 4 goals I doubt if you would be saying ''please dont get excited we have barely seen him play he mite be absolute gash next week, lets wait and see''

i think for the next few months benteke would be better used as more aof an impact sub, its early day to allow him to start, i agree with weimann to start over benteke, but whos to say how he will pan out in the future

Players have bad games and good ones, to say for instance he either is or isn't a first choice striker is mad.

Fact is time will tell with him, but I guarantee if he scored a hat trick next weekend he would be 'the best forward we have had in years'.

People are to quick to judge in life and perhaps need a little patience to see how it all pans out.

Would have liked to see him work harder.

But the ball where he played Bent free (Bent should really have made it 2-0 then) was great, and shows that he also can serve the other players.

I think he will be able to partner both Bent and Agbonlahor.

Â