Christian Benteke

Kwan

What a word removed Benteke is, the summer was going swimmingly well for the first time in ages, and this ignorant word removed and his word removed agent piss all over it. **** off out of Aston Villa, you greedy word removed

• Like 2

What a word removed Benteke is, the summer was going swimmingly well for the first time in ages, and this ignorant word removed and his word removed agent piss all over it. **** off out of Aston Villa, you greedy word removed

Is it fair to assume you are not impressed by the transfer request being handed in? Lol

Do any of you think this could all be staged managed and that a deal for around £25 million has been agreed for a while?

What could be the possible reason for doing this...?

Levy has a history of doing this. He definitely did it when we sold Robbie Keane to Liverpool. He managed to use the press to change the focus away from the fact we were yet again selling one of our prize assets, to the fight he was in with Liverpool. Our fans backed him, yet remarkably we sold Keane for the exact amount mentioned in the NOTW the day the story first broke. It was almost as if the deal had already been struck.

If this time last week it was announced, out of the blue, that Benteke had been sold to Spurs for £25 million, wouldn't most on here gone mental? Lerner et al would have been crucified. But the way this story is evolving is making such a deal far more palatable.  

Why did Villa announce he'd made a transfer request? Often we later learn that players make these requests, but they get instantly turned down, so at the time we don't know about them. For example, the window before he joined you, Bent wanted to go to Turkey, but Sunderland refused and no one knew. I don't see the benefit of telling the world a player has asked to leave when he still has 3 years left on his contract. 

Why accept the request, especially given he has 3 years left on his deal? Man Utd have been very clear that Rooney isn't for sale and he's only got 2 years left. If you really want to keep him, then just say no. Surely the only reason can be that there is a price you'd actually be happy to sell at.  With that in mind, why do  Midlands based journalists continually talking about a £25 million fee? £25 million seems low for setting a price. If you want £25 million it would be normal to quote £30-35 million. Nothing has been said by the club itself about the actual price, but it's journalists that report on Villa and are based in Birmingham that are saying it. They aren't going to want to low ball Villa, as their livelihoods depend on good relations with the biggest club in the region. If you were trying to sell a player for £25 million, wouldn't you get your allies in the press to talk much higher numbers?  Wouldn't the likes of Moxley and John Percy be suggesting figures of £30-£40 million? It seems really odd.

Why would Benteke's agent seemingly be so dismissive of other viable options? I've never heard of an agent ruling out big clubs the way he has. Chelsea don't even have a decent striker at the moment bar Lukaku. It seems odd to rule them out stating worries about playing time given their strikers last season were Demba Ba and Torres. I'd imagine any £25 million striker going there would expect plenty of playing time given his competition. Can any of you remember an agent saying things like that before?

If you got £25 million now, I bet most of your fans would be a lot less disappointed than they would have last week. It all seems very similar to when we sold Robbie Keane and Levy used to the media to take the focus away from the fact we were yet again selling one of our star players and onto the deal itself. Doesn't it seem to you as if the focus has now shifted onto whether Lerner can hold firm and get his £25 million?  It's almost as if it's now becoming more about whether can stand firm and get the £25 million, rather than the fact another star player is being sold. I just don't get why Villa didn't flat our refuse to sell and now journalists with links to Villa and quoting £25 million. It's almost as if it's being managed so the deal is seen as a triumph. I would never had thought Levy would or could pay so much, but now I wouldn't be surprised if a deal for around £25 million was announced in the next couple of weeks. 

I think you are a smart bloke. I think the only bit you are missing here is you are assuming his agent is a rational person. He is a fooking nutcase. That explains a lot of the weirdness you note.

That said I rather like your conspiracy theory. Both clubs leading their fans bit by bit down the garden path.

I can see it tbh.

Do any of you think this could all be staged managed and that a deal for around £25 million has been agreed for a while?

Levy has a history of doing this. He definitely did it when we sold Robbie Keane to Liverpool. He managed to use the press to change the focus away from the fact we were yet again selling one of our prize assets, to the fight he was in with Liverpool. Our fans backed him, yet remarkably we sold Keane for the exact amount mentioned in the NOTW the day the story first broke. It was almost as if the deal had already been struck.

If this time last week it was announced, out of the blue, that Benteke had been sold to Spurs for £25 million, wouldn't most on here gone mental? Lerner et al would have been crucified. But the way this story is evolving is making such a deal far more palatable.  

Why did Villa announce he'd made a transfer request? Often we later learn that players make these requests, but they get instantly turned down, so at the time we don't know about them. For example, the window before he joined you, Bent wanted to go to Turkey, but Sunderland refused and no one knew. I don't see the benefit of telling the world a player has asked to leave when he still has 3 years left on his contract. 

Why accept the request, especially given he has 3 years left on his deal? Man Utd have been very clear that Rooney isn't for sale and he's only got 2 years left. If you really want to keep him, then just say no. Surely the only reason can be that there is a price you'd actually be happy to sell at.  With that in mind, why do  Midlands based journalists continually talking about a £25 million fee? £25 million seems low for setting a price. If you want £25 million it would be normal to quote £30-35 million. Nothing has been said by the club itself about the actual price, but it's journalists that report on Villa and are based in Birmingham that are saying it. They aren't going to want to low ball Villa, as their livelihoods depend on good relations with the biggest club in the region. If you were trying to sell a player for £25 million, wouldn't you get your allies in the press to talk much higher numbers?  Wouldn't the likes of Moxley and John Percy be suggesting figures of £30-£40 million? It seems really odd.

Why would Benteke's agent seemingly be so dismissive of other viable options? I've never heard of an agent ruling out big clubs the way he has. Chelsea don't even have a decent striker at the moment bar Lukaku. It seems odd to rule them out stating worries about playing time given their strikers last season were Demba Ba and Torres. I'd imagine any £25 million striker going there would expect plenty of playing time given his competition. Can any of you remember an agent saying things like that before?

If you got £25 million now, I bet most of your fans would be a lot less disappointed than they would have last week. It all seems very similar to when we sold Robbie Keane and Levy used to the media to take the focus away from the fact we were yet again selling one of our star players and onto the deal itself. Doesn't it seem to you as if the focus has now shifted onto whether Lerner can hold firm and get his £25 million?  It's almost as if it's now becoming more about whether can stand firm and get the £25 million, rather than the fact another star player is being sold. I just don't get why Villa didn't flat our refuse to sell and now journalists with links to Villa and quoting £25 million. It's almost as if it's being managed so the deal is seen as a triumph. I would never had thought Levy would or could pay so much, but now I wouldn't be surprised if a deal for around £25 million was announced in the next couple of weeks. 

Again if it was agreed he'd have been sold for last week, the only thing agreed in this whole charade is that you've tapped him up and agreed a deal with him and now trying desperately to get him on the cheap. You say why did we announce it, because PL knew If he wasn't on the tour then questions would have been asked. Its obvious he wasn't in the right frame of mind to go with the squad. 25million isn't the fee Villa want its what will begin negotiations i.e. further add ons to 30m, Levy has been preparing bids of the estimations you gave and now via your journalists, he's told them 20million and will not match 25million, So it sort of pisses on your story about it being agreed.

The conspiracy theory may have some reality to it! The season ticket renewal terms got someone I know thinking that Benteke was going, and that was before the transfer request saga. This guy said "they are pushing for people to get in quick so they sell as many as possible before our star player leaves". Could be true and the wait is now all about us finding a new signing to soften the blow.

I don't think people would not buy a season ticket because a player handed in a transfer request and has left. If anything it makes me want to support the players that do want to be here even more. 

Just reporting the latest:

Terreur says Spuds have to agree a fee by Wednesday or he will report back for training and we won't sell.

BUT, they don't want to pay more than £20m, we won't accept £20m.

Looks like he's staying.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

It looks like the deadline is actually Wednesday, so if we stick to our guns, he won't go as we won't get what we want for him or at least not by the time we want it done.

I wonder if he will kick up more of a fuss, being as they "don't want war".

Benteke himself said he will only go if it works for all parties, so if it doesn't work for us he needs to apologise to the fans, manager, his team mates and crack on for the new season.

He can sit in the reserves for all I care. I'd rather he did that than sell for less than he is worth AND greatly strengthen a competitor.

Benteke, you had the basis of being a true legend. Your legacy now is your are an absolute fu..cking idiot.

Terreur says Spuds have to agree a fee by Wednesday or he will report back for training and we won't sell.

Looks like he's staying.

Who or what is Terreur?

Looks like he's staying.

Who or what is Terreur?

Belgian journo who lives in the UK, very close to Belgian players and agents who are over here.

If he stays, I'd rather not see him in a Villa shirt again.

He's the second player in recent years to try and screw the club that gave him a 'chance' over. We took a punt on Downing when he was injured, he had one good season and swans off to Liverpool. Benteke gets plucked out of relative obscurity, does the same and now believes he has a god given right to be strutting his stuff at a 'big club'.

If he has been talking to Spurs illegally, or his agent has, I'd be quite happy to see him go for £20 million as at least next summer when he does the same thing it won't be our problem anymore. I have no time for players with his attitude and £20 million is more useful to Lambert than a sulking wannabe, forced to train with the kids to learn a lesson.

It's a reflection of how far we've fallen that certain players regard Villa as a 'stepping stone' to better things. You never heard this crap from Olof Mellberg or Ian Taylor or Dion Dublin or Paul Merson etc etc... Even Barry, Young and Milner didn't really kick up that much of a fuss and probably could see the distinct lack of ambition that the club was displaying at a vital point in their careers.

Lambert needs to remember what he's trying to do here. Build a team that wants to be part of a (hopefully) bright future. He deemed that Given, Dunne, Ireland, Bent all had no place in this and I hope he sticks to his guns because it takes just one player like Benteke to **** it all up in the space of a few weeks.

I've supported Villa for over 25 years. I've had to see Yorke, Barry, Milner, Merson, Boateng, Mellberg, Ehiogu etc... leave the club but I could see their reasoning and deep down knew it was the right move for the player. This all just smacks of greed and lust from Benteke and his agent to coin in as much as they can. I mean, Spurs ain't even in the Champions League, so it's clearly not ambition to test himself at the highest level. Only one player has ever left Villa who I've wanted to fail and that was Downing because of his pathetic attitude. I can now add Benteke to that list, and the sooner he goes the better.

If he stays, I'd rather not see him in a Villa shirt again.

He's the second player in recent years to try and screw the club that gave him a 'chance' over. We took a punt on Downing when he was injured, he had one good season and swans off to Liverpool. Benteke gets plucked out of relative obscurity, does the same and now believes he has a god given right to be strutting his stuff at a 'big club'.

If he has been talking to Spurs illegally, or his agent has, I'd be quite happy to see him go for £20 million as at least next summer when he does the same thing it won't be our problem anymore. I have no time for players with his attitude and £20 million is more useful to Lambert than a sulking wannabe, forced to train with the kids to learn a lesson.

It's a reflection of how far we've fallen that certain players regard Villa as a 'stepping stone' to better things. You never heard this crap from Olof Mellberg or Ian Taylor or Dion Dublin or Paul Merson etc etc... Even Barry, Young and Milner didn't really kick up that much of a fuss and probably could see the distinct lack of ambition that the club was displaying at a vital point in their careers.

Lambert needs to remember what he's trying to do here. Build a team that wants to be part of a (hopefully) bright future. He deemed that Given, Dunne, Ireland, Bent all had no place in this and I hope he sticks to his guns because it takes just one player like Benteke to **** it all up in the space of a few weeks.

I've supported Villa for over 25 years. I've had to see Yorke, Barry, Milner, Merson, Boateng, Mellberg, Ehiogu etc... leave the club but I could see their reasoning and deep down knew it was the right move for the player. This all just smacks of greed and lust from Benteke and his agent to coin in as much as they can. I mean, Spurs ain't even in the Champions League, so it's clearly not ambition to test himself at the highest level. Only one player has ever left Villa who I've wanted to fail and that was Downing because of his pathetic attitude. I can now add Benteke to that list, and the sooner he goes the better.

+1.. ASTON VILLA has made him what he is,the manager showed the faith in a difficult season when he had a proven forward in bent ready and waiting.

i do feel that the likes of downing etc have shown the way to the loop hole out of this great club

but watching CB last year you feel hes in it for himself its just that he is wearing a villa shirt at that time of his life, i hope we get & im sure we will the correct fee.

Load of bollocks!!

Â