Christian Benteke

Kwan

Thought this guy would go on to be one of the all time great PL strikers after that first season a decade ago! Still a good move for him to see out the latter stages of his career, He could help them a lot if they use him correctly. I'm sure he hoped things worked out differently though, looking back

• Like 1

He was great for us but bizarrely, I don't have any affection for him at all. 

I think it was because he made it patently clear we were just a stepping stone for him. Which is fine, he wasn't deceiving anyone, but it just meant that I never really warmed to him as a character. Very good striker mind you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

If he's fit, he will maul that league.

He won't as Higuain has found out.

MLS is not a good league , at times it's actually laugh out loud comical but it's all action and physical and exhausting. If you can't run anymore. You won't compete.

15 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I also touted him to become one of the Premier League greats, then he moved and that basically ended his trajectory, strange, as at Villa he looked the complete striker.

Yeah if you think of Lukaku back then and the career he had (having I guess) and Benteke was more than a good shade above him then in my opinion, I thought he could go to the top

Shame he checks out on 86 PL goals, was good enough to join the hundred club. He was so good for us, disappointing that his career petered out. Should do well in the US though!

3 hours ago, chappy said:

Shame he checks out on 86 PL goals, was good enough to join the hundred club. He was so good for us, disappointing that his career petered out. Should do well in the US though!

Weren't something like 40+ of those goals for us? 

6 hours ago, chappy said:

Think he had 49 for us (could be in all comps)

So basically half his goals in the 3 years he was with us and we were awful. Really shows how moving was a mistake. 

Â