Christian Benteke

Kwan

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Not necessarily…

Mellberg left for a big club in another country… Didn’t play against us… Still think he is fantastic.

Albrighton didn’t want to leave in the first place… Got told lie after lie by the management at the time, got released and then went on to do really well for himself… Happy to see it and wish him well…

Carew never wanted to leave but was forced to… Love the bloke

Laursen and Petrov were both forced into retirement through I’ll health… Great players of their era…

But as soon as someone actively WANTS to leave us… They can go **** themselves

So basically you're not allowed to want to leave Villa.

Yeah he shouldn't have wanted to leave the sinking ship that was Aston Villa Football Club and better himself. We literally got relegated the following season.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So basically you're not allowed to want to leave Villa.

Yeah he shouldn't have wanted to leave the sinking ship that was Aston Villa Football Club and better himself. We literally got relegated the following season.

Mellberg wanted to leave… Still very fond of the bloke

So no… that’s not entirely accurate

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Mellberg wanted to leave… Still very fond of the bloke

So no… that’s not entirely accurate

But you said this:

But as soon as someone actively WANTS to leave us… They can go **** themselves

So which is it?

Just now, Keyblade said:

But you said this:

So which is it?

Yep, you’re right…

I should have said:

“As soon as someone wants to actively leave us for another team in the same country, they can go **** themselves”

My mistake

• Like 2

Tbf not many people realise that every club bar Real Madrid and Barca (well, maybe not Barca in 2022) are always in danger of losing their best players.

Look at Liverpool and Man Utd for example, lost Suarez and Cristiano Ronaldo respectively in their prime. And Coutinho.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf not many people realise that every club bar Real Madrid and Barca (well, maybe not Barca in 2022) are always in danger of losing their best players.

Look at Liverpool and Man Utd for example, both lost Suarez and Cristiano Ronaldo in their prime. And Coutinho.

Sure Haaland is already planning to leave for Real Madrid at 25 :D  

• Like 1

Benteke signed a new contract 1 year into this time at us when he could have pushed for a move had he wanted to. He then did get a bad injury but still scored  a lot of goals for us. Liverpool then paid a good price for him and he went about it in a totally professional way. I fail to see how anyone can have beef with him when our average league position in his 3 years with us was about 15th and showed no ambition at all. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Benteke signed a new contract 1 year into this time at us when he could have pushed for a move had he wanted to. He then did get a bad injury but still scored  a lot of goals for us. Liverpool then paid a good price for him and he went about it in a totally professional way. I fail to see how anyone can have beef with him when our average league position in his 3 years with us was about 15th and showed no ambition at all. 

He did do that but his agent was pushing for a move to Spurs that first summer, I remember the shock of the contract signing as rumours was Spurs would sign him that week

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He did do that but his agent was pushing for a move to Spurs that first summer, I remember the shock of the contract signing as rumours was Spurs would sign him that week

Agent talk. Make up a rumour about a transfer and then get a fat new one. Oldest trick in the book. 

See also Cash, Matty.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Agent talk. Make up a rumour about a transfer and then get a fat new one. Oldest trick in the book. 

See also Cash, Matty.

I dont know. Benteke agent was an absolute clown so your giving him too much credit

I think he got in trouble when Benteke was here for falling for an interview with a fake Brendan Rodgers

On 14/06/2022 at 14:27, Zatman said:

I well remember hairy hands excitedly posting that he was staying sending VT into meltdown, grown men crying, babies being made live on VT. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/06/2022 at 14:27, Zatman said:

He's a Belgian player with absolutely no ties to Aston Villa playing in one of the worst teams in the league.

Can't exactly blame him for keeping options open

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's a Belgian player with absolutely no ties to Aston Villa playing in one of the worst teams in the league.

Can't exactly blame him for keeping options open

Yeah i dont blame him either. If anything he should have sacked his agent for letting hin stay here with that squad he was surrounded by

I can't hold any ill will toward Tekkers at all. He stayed way longer than was good for his career, and was absolutely tremendous for us. He was a light year ahead of the quality of the rest of the team at the time. 

• Like 1

Â