Christian Benteke

Kwan

• 7 months later...
51 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Went to see DC United last night. He has definitely lost the finishing ability & touch. But still won almost every header and passing was sharp.  

He was always a pretty good passer and i remember when i first saw him in the team that his ability to drop deep and start moves was quite impressive for such a big bloke. However there were times when he really needed to make the pass and then sprint to get in the box and often he would casually jog, drifting out to the left. He could have got a lot more goals for us in his time here if he had busted a gut abit more, particualrly in the second and third seasons.

• Like 2

He really had some swagger for us at his peak. That goal against qpr when he played it around the defender so the keeper couldnt see. The left footer curler at old shatford. The dummy one way and then turning the opponent and smashed it againt the baggies. The backheel to andi weimann against manure. Was so so good. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He really had some swagger for us at his peak. That goal against qpr when he played it around the defender so the keeper couldnt see. The left footer curler at old shatford. The dummy one way and then turning the opponent and smashed it againt the baggies. The backheel to andi weimann against manure. Was so so good. 

Yea he was good, gave me some great times, Ollies better 😉

• 4 weeks later...

I see some posts mentioning his finishing and that he could have got more goals for us. 

Worth pointing out that he has the 9th best goals to games ratio of all time for Villa, behind; Pongo Waring, Dai Astley (?), Len Capewell (?), George Brown, Tony Hateley, Trevor Ford, Gerry Hitchens, and Frank Broome. 

Obviously none of those were recent.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . and then, not coincidentally, we got relegated immediately after he left. 

Aye that we did. At least he extended his contract with us and we got 30 mil for him. Not his fault we bought players for a manager who didn't know who to use them.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Aye that we did. At least he extended his contract with us and we got 30 mil for him. Not his fault we bought players for a manager who didn't know who to use them.

Yeah, none of it was his fault. He gave us as much as we could possibly have expected. 

• Like 1

Â