Jump to content

Christian Benteke


Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

and would be effective. 

But he hasn’t been effective for Palace for pretty much his entire contract. It would be risky bordering on madness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
48 minutes ago, Genie said:

But he hasn’t been effective for Palace for pretty much his entire contract. It would be risky bordering on madness.

Playing for a guy that had Harry Kane taking corrners.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
51 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s a whole world of players out there. We could probably take a chance on 2 or 3 players for what Benteke would cost.

I think that is fairly unrealistic to think you could sign two or three players with their fees and wages for the wages of one player on a Bosman personally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s like the girl you used to date in school, Young fit and nubile, maybe a couple of fingers tops even when Wham were on the pops.......

. Roll on a few years and she has been pricked poked and poded that many times you could get your fist in. Never go back it can never be as magic again 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, all this support for bringing Benteke back. Probably as one of our highest paid players. On a free or not, it's bad business.

 

Have we (as fans) learned nothing from the last 10 years of mismanagement at this club?

 

Thankfully it looks as though Nas and Wes have more about them than that, so hopefully the idea will not even be entertained.

 

I repeat my statement, if he had never played for Villa, and we looked at his stats and performances over the last few years, and then looked at his salary, none of us would even entertain the idea of signing him.

 

As you can probably tell, I am adamantly against the idea.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • VT Supporter

It’s almost as if his contract is almost up. 
It’s pretty shitty that he’s stopped being a useless lump because he wants another payday. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s almost as if his contract is almost up. 

Exactly what I was thinking. He's turned into Lewandowski now that he's looking for a job! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter
49 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s almost as if his contract is almost up. 
It’s pretty shitty that he’s stopped being a useless lump because he wants another payday. 

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned more. Guy has spent the last 2 seasons winning headers and standing still but suddenly he's good again. If anything it should be a warning sign for teams looking at him

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
14 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned more. Guy has spent the last 2 seasons winning headers and standing still but suddenly he's good again. If anything it should be a warning sign for teams looking at him

I just hope we don’t fall for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just hope we don’t fall for it. 

We won't. I dont see signing over the hill players as part of our policy on transfers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I take the points above, but it's also true that he's always been a bit streaky, he regularly had purple patches and barren spells with us too.

Do I think it's *mainly* about his contract situation? Yes, probably, it would be weird if that wasn't a major source of motivation. But it doesn't have to be entirely nefarious, he's a confidence player.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do I think it's *mainly* about his contract situation? Yes, probably, it would be weird if that wasn't a major source of motivation. But it doesn't have to be entirely nefarious, he's a confidence player.

What other players used to do that? I have a feeling Adebayor turned into Pele when he needed a new deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â