Christian Benteke

Kwan

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hutton 😉

For that goal against small heath, he should have been given a 5 year deal! 

• Like 2

It's good to see him scoring again, but I hope nobody is fooled into thinking he would be a good signing.

If he'd never played for Villa and we were being linked with him we'd all be laughing our heads off.

• Like 4

He is 30 and on sky high wages, allegedly. I honestly think his best performances in the PL were when he played for us and that tells its own story. Anyway we have moved on from giving past their players their last big pay day. Much better to pony up the money and buy Tammy. Younger and better.

41 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Has he turned down a deal from Palace or are they not offering him one? If it’s the latter it tells us everything we need to know. If he was that good still they’d be jumping through hoops to keep him.

I think they cant afford him, apparently he is on 120k a week 

• Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

2 year deal at Palace.

...and he never scored again

The fact that as a free agent he didn’t have a better offer than another contract at Palace says it all.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Genie said:

The fact that as a free agent he didn’t have a better offer than another contract at Palace says it all.

Without a manager in place too so for all he knows he could be completely unfancied by whoever comes in.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

49 goals and in 101 appearances for us, genuinely thought he would go on to be one of the all time greats of the PL era (not necessarily with us, especialy after his first season). Coming up to the 10 year anniversary of signing for villa, just hasnt hit the heights unfortunately. From his own perspective he has made a good living and chipped in with goals in games for them and can still do a job upfront but dosent seem to be number 1 and get the feeling he is happy to get paid handsomely and be a substitute.

He should never have gone to Liverpool. It was completely the wrong move for him and many on here saw it.

Then Brenda was sacked about 3 months later and in came Klopp who was never going to play to Benteke's strengths. If he'd gone to Tottenham when they first came in for him who knows where he might have ended up. Shame - I loved him as a player here.

• Like 2

Â