Christian Benteke

Kwan

All of the media stories that I've read are saying that Liverpool have decided to pay the £32.5m or are ready to pay it, not a single one of them says a bid has been made

I don't know, but my guess is because they all print the same stories from one rumor.

• Like 2

People on Twitter including Pete Colley are saying he is still in Portugal and no bid has been made

But the Belgian reporter said it's a done deal! But twitter!!
So you're believing people on Twitter over people on Twitter
Nope. I believe nobody anymore.

That's the only guy I trust now.

id be happy extending his contract by a year and if we wasnt to finish top half could go CL club for 25 mill 28 mill for anyone else

more money a week...guarenteed to start ( bonus considering euro next year ) .and a lower clause than has now

if we need the money then start a arsenal rumour aswell

I don't expect it to happen, but another year with us would make a lot of sense for him and us. He will be playing in a familiar team that is set-up for him; a team that is strengthening under the guidance of Captain Sherwood and Sargent Wilko. Barring injury, he will play nearly every game and is likely to score a load of goals for us, especially IF we strengthen like is being speculated (I know that might be curtailed if he stays).  Then he has the Euros to showcase his talents in a strong Belgium team.  After that he will be able to pretty much choose where he wants to go with our blessing and we should (fingers crossed) be in a stronger position to attract a quality striker.

Now he may score a hatful of goals if he goes to Liverpool - I know he is super talented  But that seems a riskier option – getting used to a new system, playing in a team  that won't be set up for him, playing much less due to rotation or competition - not exactly ideal with the Euros around the corner.  God forbid he has a lean spell; the knives will be out and his confidence could take a right battering.  Moreover, his option to move to a top Champions League side is reduced - even if he has an amazing Euro Championship - because he will be in a longer-term contract with Liverpool.

I'll probably get abuse for this but deep down i hope someone meets the buyout clause and we get the cash. I think Benteke is world class and i love the man for keeping us up for three seasons. But being realistic, i think the way we will progress up the table is to reinvest this money in 3 10-12 million type quality players. IMO if benteke stays we probably are fighting relegation again, if he goes and we bring in these 3 players then we move towars mid table. Its a gamble but sure what isnt with our funds.

Delph move was much more concrete. Liverpool have been ready to make a bid for weeks and nothing has come of it yet

as for their fans they didnt know who Firmino was until United were interested then claimed he was a star when he joined. Strange bunch

I'll probably get abuse for this but deep down i hope someone meets the buyout clause and we get the cash. I think Benteke is world class and i love the man for keeping us up for three seasons. But being realistic, i think the way we will progress up the table is to reinvest this money in 3 10-12 million type quality players. IMO if benteke stays we probably are fighting relegation again, if he goes and we bring in these 3 players then we move towars mid table. Its a gamble but sure what isnt with our funds.

IF we reinvested the money in 3 10-12 million type quality players you are probably right

No abuse from me, just a firm, but resigned handshake.

You're not the only one on this train of thought, sometimes you have to let go to move on.

I don't want to be saved again by a bif man, I think for a team like ours he is halting progress to some extent. We need quality all over the pitch, and not the one dimensional game plan that having him is an unfortunate by product.

I'm gonna die laughing if Liverpool lose Benteke because they spent so long trying to play hardball with us and now United is in the picture which is obviously a much higher draw (especially given he'd be going into a United squad which has filled nearly all its holes, except for a proper CF). If LFC had just paid the money a month ago he'd be a Plop player. Can't see it happening now.

Maybe being a bit cynical, but I don't think he really cares much about going to a club in the Champs League/Europe. I think he just wants more money.

Edited by KJT123

Â