Christian Benteke

Kwan

just another bench warmer. 7 strikers? wtf

tbh liverpool arent in a position to do what city do

dont see them being able to spend 32.5 mill on a bench warmer

Sturridge injured...borini lambert and balotelli crap

leaves Benteke and Ings...Ings is gonna keep Benteke on the bench?

with whats they have spent on new players id say balotelli borini and lambert will be told to find new clubs once the complete benteke deal

People on Twitter including Pete Colley are saying he is still in Portugal and no bid has been made

But the Belgian reporter said it's a done deal! But twitter!!
So you're believing people on Twitter over people on Twitter

Nope. I believe nobody anymore.

The ignorance of Liverpool fans slating Benteke it really is disgusting, at least he knew he was loved at Villa and the main man, if he doesn't start well the knives will be out very quickly, all the best Benteke but I'll be sick to see you play for those.

More fool him.

People on Twitter including Pete Colley are saying he is still in Portugal and no bid has been made

But the Belgian reporter said it's a done deal! But twitter!!
So you're believing people on Twitter over people on Twitter

It's really not the same thing, one is in response to the other, questioning the 'done deal' by presenting facts.

He won't even be 1st choice at Liverpool either, if everyone is fit then their front 3 will be firmino - Sturbridge - coutinho

£32.5m sub...

I was having this conversation with a Liverpool "fan" today. I'm not entirely sure how many strikers they need, when they only tend to play one up top, with a couple of number 10s. I know they'll move a few on, but they currently have Sturridge, Ings, Balotelli, Borini, Lambert, Origi, Coutinho, Lallana, Frimino... 

All of the media stories that I've read are saying that Liverpool have decided to pay the £32.5m or are ready to pay it, not a single one of them says a bid has been made

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke has £32m release clause triggered by Liverpool

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/replay-aston-villa-striker-christian-9670431

Not saying its true, but some people are reporting a bid has been made.

All of the media stories that I've read are saying that Liverpool have decided to pay the £32.5m or are ready to pay it, not a single one of them says a bid has been made

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke has £32m release clause triggered by Liverpool

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/replay-aston-villa-striker-christian-9670431

Not saying its true, but some people are reporting a bid has been made.

That's the same, it's says that Liverpool have agreed to pay the clause, doesn't say they've made a bid

Splitting hairs I know but it's still journo talk for not 100% sure

• Like 1

good luck tekkers, i wish you well regardless where you end up. Completely understand why you need to leave and sorry we could not give the goals you wanted.

for me you kept us up for the last few years and I am gratful for that. Will definitely give you a applause when you come back to Villa Park, 

Why go there ??

He wont play CL football there for a very long time, These is noway liverpool will finish ahead of Arsenal, Chelsea, united or city..

Talks set to breakdown between Benteke and Liverpool due to disagreements over release clause

Christian Benteke is preparing to shock the footballing world as he is set to refuse a contract offer from Liverpool, who are set to activate the £32ish million release clause set by Aston Villa. The Belgian was reportedly set to ask for a similar release clause added to his Liverpool contract, allowing him to leave for £30 and a bit million if a Champions League club were interested in signing him. Benteke refused to accept Liverpool's reasoning that they "are a Champion's League club but just aren't in the actual competition" and is now set to sign for Manchester United who may release the activation clause later on this transfer window.

Edited by a m ole

Saw a few posts talking about Liverpool having 7 strikers, the thing is, apart from Sturridge who is always injured, they are all crap.

Why go there ??

He wont play CL football there for a very long time, These is noway liverpool will finish ahead of Arsenal, Chelsea, united or city..

Talks set to breakdown between Benteke and Liverpool due to disagreements over release clause

Christian Benteke is preparing to shock the footballing world as he is set to refuse a contract offer from Liverpool, who are set to activate the £32ish million release clause set by Aston Villa. The Belgian was reportedly set to ask for a similar release clause added to his Liverpool contract, allowing him to leave for £30 and a bit million if a Champions League club were interested in signing him. Benteke refused to accept Liverpool's reasoning that they "are a Champion's League club but just aren't in the actual competition" and is now set to sign for Manchester United who may release the activation clause later on this transfer window.

Well let's hope so

id be happy extending his contract by a year and if we wasnt to finish top half could go CL club for 25 mill 28 mill for anyone else

more money a week...guarenteed to start ( bonus considering euro next year ) .and a lower clause than has now

if we need the money then start a arsenal rumour aswell

Edited by Villan81

Am I the only one who hasn't seen any actual news yet? Just more media speculation. Until someone actually makes a real bid then as far as I'm concerned there is still nothing new to see here. 

I'm with you on this.

Â