Christian Benteke

Kwan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3162117/Manchester-United-eye-trump-rivals-Liverpool-Christian-Benteke.html

Manchester United are monitoring Christian Benteke’s position at Aston Villa as they consider rivalling Liverpool in the race for the Belgium international.

Louis van Gaal has re-shaped his squad with the arrivals of Matteo Darmin, Memphis Depay, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin, but he also wants a forward following the sale of Robin van Persie to Fenerbahce.

Liverpool, though unwilling to meet the £32.5million buyout clause in Benteke's contract, remain favourites to sign the 24-year-old, who has made clear his determination to leave Villa Park this summer.

United have not made any firm contact with Villa over Benteke but he is a player they are considering ahead of the new season.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood, however, is confident Benteke will play a ‘huge part’ for Aston Villa next season, despite the links with United and Liverpool.

Benteke, 24, wants to leave to play European football but is not expected to employ Raheem Sterling-style tactics and is out with Villa on their pre-season tour to the Algarve, Portugal

‘I don’t think Christian would pull a sulk or anything like that,’ said Sherwood. ‘He knows there’s too much at stake. He respects the club too much.

‘I’m confident that in my mind he’s a huge part of next season. He’s going to be very important for us.

‘A lot of teams have sold their one player, Gareth Bale, Luis Suarez, and then tried to get the same results by bringing in six or seven. It doesn’t happen, does it?

‘You can take your £32.5m but try and spend it! It’s a tough market out there. Other chairmen would be happy wouldn’t they? If Christian was to go the prices go up, clubs would hold us to ransom.

‘I think Liverpool have shown an interest but there’s not been a bid worth considering. They’ve got six or seven strikers themselves at the moment - they’ ve just taken two new ones in as well.

‘They’ve got Divock Origi back, they’ve got Danny Ings, the Brazilian boy Roberto Firmino for £29m – they’ve got a few options there.’

Sherwood has put together a list of possible Benteke replacements in any case, adding: ‘You need a plan just in case that bid does come in but £32.5m is nothing if you lose your Premier League status for next season.

The Mail are doing their very best to prise him out of Aston Villa.

My favorite bit is the opening context regarding manchester uniteds supposed interest, then before you have time to question the legitamcy we switch to sherwood quotes to authenticate it - even though completely unrelated.  Never see that happen in news stories ever right? lol

Also note the evocative “race” – they are all pretty bloody slow if this is a race!

Replace race with bombardment. “Our rigorous investigations reveal that Man United are set to rival Liverpool in their bombardment of Villa as they also attempt to weaken the stubborn little clubs resolve and prize their asset away for as little money as possible.  Reports suggest fans have now adopted a bunker mentality and cries of “f**k you” and  “We shall not we shall not be moved” have been reported all over the internet.  One source even suggested that Tim Sherwood had locked Benteke in a room with no internet connection in order to hold on to the player. ”

Things really are getting silly now... Slow Sports news day all round  :rolleyes:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-transfer-news-christian-benteke-favourites-tweet-linking-him-with-move-to-old-trafford-10390683.html

Manchester United transfer news: Christian Benteke favourites tweet linking him with move to Old Trafford

Speculation regarding Aston villa striker Christian Benteke's future has increased after the Belgium international favourited a tweet linking him with a move to Manchester United this summer.

The 24-year-old, who scored 13 goals in 29 Premier League appearances last season, has been strongly linked with a move away from Villa Park, despite suggestions that his reported £32.5 million release clause could scupper hopes of a deal.
Both Tottenham and Liverpool have been heralded as potential suitors, but a concrete offer for Tim Sherwood's talisman is yet to arrive.
Meanwhile, the centre-forward dropped a hint that he could be interested in a switch to Old Trafford after acknowledging a message from a Red Devils fan on the popular social media platform that claimed the forward was "exactly what we need."

Benteke went on to remove the tweet from his 'favourite list' yet many United fans saw the striker's actions as a signal that they could be leading the raise to secure the powerful front man's services.

Although United boss Louis van Gaal has made a flurry of signings in the past week, the Dutchman has just two strikers at his disposal at present; captain Wayne Rooney and youngster James Wilson.

Meanwhile, Robin van Persie is on the cusp of a move to Turkish outfit Fenerbahce while Javier Hernandez is unlikely to be offered a first-team role after failing to turn his loan spell with Real Madrid into a permanent move.

However, new arrival Memphis Depay could be fielded up front in an effort to increase the side's attacking options.

Edited by j19kjh

Wow he's copping it from man utd and Liverpool fans...

Have a read tekkers....stay where your appreciated

Funny thing is I wouldn't swap any Liverpool striker for him but he's not good enough for them

Wow he's copping it from man utd and Liverpool fans...

Have a read tekkers....stay where your appreciated

Funny thing is I wouldn't swap any Liverpool striker for him but he's not good enough for them

That's because they are a club big enough to attract the Marco Reus' of this world. 

Just to clarify, I do not have heroes, just players I respect or like.

It is only football, not war.

Yep, this. Plus I'm not 12 years old anymore.

With all due respect fellas do you so sternly sport the halo of maturity when roaring like Godzilla as an overpaid manchild does a funny little dance after kicking a ball really, really hard and really, really accurately.  It's a beautiful game.  It makes us feel silly emotions.  I love that I can engage with something so inherently meaningless with such seriousness.  Hero is just a fun term.  Conversely, it's when people unthinking use the term 'hero' in the real world that I get squeamish.

In short, Christian, if you're out there friend, you, me some Leffe, how about it?  You'll get all the fruity words your heart desires.

Oh totally! It's easy to be mature when sat at work, and no sign of meaningful football for another month. Come the start of the season, I'll be offering my first born daughter's hand in marriage, to whoever scored the winning goal in our first match.

• Like 3

Benteke is the best Villa striker i've seen since Yorke. And i do consider him a bit of a legend already. However, players come and go and that's football

You move on. I still love Yorke and can't believe anyone would say they hate him. What ever for ?

I grew up watching Yorke and loved him (still do a little) but he definitely soured it by the way he forced himself out of the club, then signed for SH and didn't he then say something like they were the bigger club?

Benteke is the best Villa striker i've seen since Yorke. And i do consider him a bit of a legend already. However, players come and go and that's football

You move on. I still love Yorke and can't believe anyone would say they hate him. What ever for ?

I grew up watching Yorke and loved him (still do a little) but he definitely soured it by the way he forced himself out of the club, then signed for SH and didn't he then say something like they were the bigger club?

He also never misses an opportunity to put us down and big up United.

Any takers for Hernandez plus £24mil from Man United, we need a poacher.  West Ham have bid £9mill for him, starting to get a little envious of West Spam, they have certainly overtaken us in transfer power!!

£24mill would give us funds for another quality striker like Embolo or Jonathas.

Kozak

Hernandez

Embolo/Jonathas

Gabby

Robinson 

Should give us some goals next season

Imagine they are spending the proceeds of selling Upton Park to developers whilst paying a pittance to move into the Olympic Stadium

• Like 1

The Mail are really getting pathetic now...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3162406/Christian-Benteke-wants-Liverpool-demand-exit-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Christian Benteke wants Liverpool move but may have to demand exit from Aston Villa

·Christian Benteke wants a summer move to Liverpool from Aston Villa 

·But the Anfield club are reluctant to pay his £32.5million buy-out clause

·Real Madrid have joined Manchester United in race for Sergio Romero

·Ross Barkley and John Stones remain targets for Manchester City

By SIMON JONES FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 14:59, 15 July 2015 | UPDATED: 15:32, 15 July 2015

Christian Benteke may have to force the issue if he wishes to leave Aston Villa. The Belgium international is set on a move to Liverpool and the Anfield club want him but there is an impasse over their reluctance to pay the buy-out clause. The onus is falling on Benteke to make a stand and say he wants to leave. It would not guarantee Villa stepping down in their valuation but would bring the saga to a head.

Liverpool may be willing to reach the £32.5million clause with a bid of £20m plus add-ons but Villa do not wish to lose face.

Tim Sherwood would like Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor at Villa and winger Andros Townsend.

Tottenham want £15m for Townsend while the issue with Adebayor will be his wages

For such a "big club" they sure are making this harder than it needs to be.  

• Like 1

Imagine they are spending the proceeds of selling Upton Park to developers whilst paying a pittance to move into the Olympic Stadium

So in a way, you and everyone in Britain is funding West Ham's summer spree. That must make you all warm and fuzzy inside, and probably makes you wish them well in the coming season, what with having an interest in the players they've purchased :trollface:

• Like 3

Absolutely one of the best we've ever had, but not close to being a villa hero

I see.  What would a quintessential best versus hero comparison be?  Say, Yorke versus Taylor?

Best = Benteke, Hero = Carew

I think with Benteke what's preventing hero status is the shenannigans from his first summer. Personally, although I've absolutely loved watching the guy bang in goals for us, I've never felt any real attachment to us. He's never "been Villa"

Benteke's agent has denied that he will be going to United, so what does this mean to the media - he is going to Liverpool!!!

It's getting really boring.

in what way denied?that he doesnt want to go there or that theres been no contact?

Benteke's agent has denied that he will be going to United, so what does this mean to the media - he is going to Liverpool!!!

It's getting really boring.

You lost me at Bentekes agent : )

Â