Christian Benteke

Kwan

You can't just suddenly go from being so awesome to being so crap, something must have happened behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Yeah same here.... not necessarily a fall-out, but I think he has just lost all faith in Lambert. He should be the one to enjoy this moment the most, it will be interesting to see who comes in and what kind of football we can expect.

The new managers biggest task is getting the bloody ball to this fella and getting him firing again. Fingers crossed.

I mentioned Curbishley on the other thread, he managed to get Tevez firing at the right time for West Ham when they looked doomed and won 7 of their last 9 games to stay up. He's not hugely different to Benteke in some ways, unplayable on his day but could be next to useless if things aren't right.

He looked bereft of confidence against Hull but he needs games.

It's weird. He looked totally bereft of confidence before the contract and not much has changed since.

Get the team set up to suit him. I expect to see a change in benteke now that Lambert has gone.

Hope so. He just seemed completely bereft of confidence under Lambert.

I hope for our survival sake now lamberts gone, he actually realises he's a footballer and actually does something positive in a game.

Interesting to see if he even gets game time under another manager. His confidence always looked a little, dare I say, bereft?

Our players are really bereft of confidence aren't they?! ;)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

i think he had  avery good relationship with lambert. think he is definitely off in summer regardless if we stay up

I can't see him leaving for a pay cut, and I can't see him getting a pay rise on current form.

Unless he starts scoring lots of goals I expect he'll stay.

I want him up front with a partner against Leicester.

Put Weimann or Gabby close to him and I'm sure we will see him score on Sunday.

The marshalls should be watching videos of when he went on that scoring spree last year and noticing how we were getting the ball into him.

If he isn't gonna score on Sunday then I'd at least like Pearson to grab his shirt and try to pin him down. That would be interesting :)

I want him up front with a partner against Leicester.

Put Weimann or Gabby close to him and I'm sure we will see him score on Sunday.

I'd like to see how a plain old 4-4-2 would work too. Maybe if we had two players up front one of them might score a goal.

Hoof it to him.

Obviously we don't want this to happen all game.

But I think there is an argument for getting the ball into him via the air or ground even if it's just to get him used to doing what he does best again.

He's been a passenger far too much in this current system

Hoof it to him.

Obviously we don't want this to happen all game.

But I think there is an argument for getting the ball into him via the air or ground even if it's just to get him used to doing what he does best again.

He's been a passenger far too much in this current system

It looked to me that they were back to hoofing it in the last game, but it made little difference.

Â