Christian Benteke

Kwan

He was brilliant again last season when he came back from that niggling injury that plagued him for the first half of the season. Think he scored something like 7 goals in about 2 months.

I still think he'll hit top form again.

He hasn't been anywhere near his best since he got injured at Norwich a year n a half ago.

He was from the turn of last year up until he got injured again.

He was getting back to his better form but i dont think he has hit anything like his top form here since that Norwich injury.

he did score that amazing goal in the cup and against Manure so it's not like he's not produced moments of class this season they've just been fleeting.

For all the stick with Gabby I reckon also he usually scores the most crucial goals for us.

The shift for Gabby and Benteke might just be them staying in or around the area and waiting for Gil and Sinclair to deliver rather than wandering aimlessly round the pitch trying to get involved in the play.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

He's been shyte since that incident where he had a go at another player and was chastised for it. He actually came back from injury playing really well and with verve.

It's a long bloody sulk if this is the reason, but something is wrong.

Edited by supernova26

To me, there's a lot of factors,

Confidence is one of them. He's still young, and people have to bare that in mind.

Plus the injury he had was a proper serious injury. Some players come back from injury and get straight back into the swing of things, but some players can take a bit of time, like Delph, Downing, Some players never seem to come back from it, like N'Zogbia for example - who actually suffered the same injury as Benteke.

Why can we not get the quality we have seen previous from Benteke? I have never known a striker be on such a bad run, if it is just down to form.

Torres

Torres was Lambert's fault too. Probably.

In the past when we put the ball in the box from a cross or even directly in, 8/10 times he got on the end of it.  Defenders couldnt handle him as he was so stong and fought tooth and nail to get his head on it.  Since he came back i havent seen that from him.  8/10 balls he now doesnt get on the end of.  Is that ability or desire?  Id suggest the latter.

he looks lazy in my view.. im glad lambert dropped him so he knows he doesnt perform he is out. he is very inconsistent. not a 30m player for me, more like a 20m player because of that reason

Edited by Demitri_C

He's struggled for a few matches and the knockers are on his case. This guy is class, and will come good again. Even struggling for form he scores class goals such as the one against the Mancs. If Gabby is the alternative, then give me Benteke every time. Simply has to play against Hull.

• Like 4

He's struggled for a few matches and the knockers are on his case. This guy is class, and will come good again. Even struggling for form he scores class goals such as the one against the Mancs. If Gabby is the alternative, then give me Benteke every time. Simply has to play against Hull.

If only other players got the amount of time some are willing to give to Beneteke..

One thing I can never have a go a Wiemann for is his work rate.  His technical skill and quality yes, but never his work rate.

Benteke on the other hand?  He's barely moved for the last 5/6 games.

I hope it is a confidence thing, but he needs to do more for the team as it stands.

• Like 2

If only other players got the amount of time some are willing to give to Beneteke..

One thing I can never have a go a Wiemann for is his work rate.  His technical skill and quality yes, but never his work rate.

Benteke on the other hand?  He's barely moved for the last 5/6 games.

I hope it is a confidence thing, but he needs to do more for the team as it stands.

If its work rate you want, then perhaps we should play a bricklayer up front. Some of the greatest players in history rarely looked interested until you were picking the ball out of the net. Can't knock Weiman for lack of effort, but after a promising start to his career, he does seem to have fallen short of the player we had hoped he would become. Neither player deserves to be  pilloried yet. Gabby, on the other hand, has been crap for years.  

Edited by meregreen

Â