Christian Benteke

Kwan

Stop pointing the finger at him were is the service and delivery from our midfield and support upfront next to nothing.If he was at a better team he would be banging in the goals.

He's as much to blame as anyone else man.  He's been poor lately.

Poor service today too him, and poor movement off him.Needs a midfielder to run off his flicks/knock downs.Gabby isn't intelligent enough to know when/where to run.Maybe try Bacuna or Cole or Gil running off him.

He doesn't become a bad player over night.

He had the worst passing accuracy of anyone in our team - and that was from his basic play of; come short and try to lay it off.

He doesn't become a bad player overnight, but he's woefully out of form right now.

He's never his fault is it?

I don't think he was as bad as usual, but he was defended against very well by Stoke IMO.

This isn't really in relation to today to be honest. He's been woeful for weeks now and some will still defend him by putting others down. It's maddening.

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

Not even remotely similar. I'm not even bashing Sanchez to defend Westwood at all  :blink:

That was in direct relation to a point somebody made that 'Westwood has hampered Sanchez' which has proven to be totally false.

Keep point scoring though  :thumb:

Edited by StefanAVFC

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Not even remotely similar. I'm not even bashing Sanchez to defend Westwood at all :blink:

That was in direct relation to a point somebody made that 'Westwood has hampered Sanchez' which has proven to be totally false.

Keep point scoring though :thumb:

Oh my mistake. Looked like you were putting down one player to defend another.

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Not even remotely similar. I'm not even bashing Sanchez to defend Westwood at all :blink:

Apology accepted :)

• Like 1

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Apology accepted :)

Give it a rest guys

Benteke needs coaching (or reminding) on how to play as a centre forward. Every time he receives the ball there's always plenty of defenders behind him. His only option is to try and nod the ball down back into the midfield.

He needs to be giving defenders a hard time whether he's in-line to receive the ball or not. Needs to be pulling his marker all over the place, to allow a strike partner more space. Also needs to be reading the position of the last defender more effectively, preventing the opposition from pushing up, whilst being ready to have a run at goal.

Benteke is at his best when he's running onto a ball, either over the top or a through ball, running towards the goal. At the moment, he's playing very deep preventing any meaningful service.

Don't get me wrong, the midfielders need to be more inventive when looking for him, but he needs to be far better at making space for himself. 

• Like 1

He's totally bereft of confidence. Personally I can see now that getting rid of him will be good for the team. We need to develop a new footballing identity, in all likelihood in the Championship, and even if he came down with us (which he won't), he'd be more of a hindrance than a help. We seem to have no clue how to play with him - I don't think he played at all well today, but launching the ball at his head from 40 yards away, which is all we did in the second half, isn't going to be any use at all. 

Â