Christian Benteke

Kwan

The big problem in the 18 to 3 months ago is dealing with injuries. They've ebbed away at his confidence. The last 3 months though he's quite frankly been used wrong. He's streanths are getting the ball quickly to him and him using his strength and ability, that's not happened. Yes this is probably a big weakness in his ability/character but he's still only 23. He's scored 3 goals and had 2 assists so far this season and all 5 were world class and out of nothing. I truly belive, play him right, support him he is still the best striker I've seen at Villa in 25 years of supporting them.

Also I don't think its a coincidence that all the players we've played up front this season have looked lazy and disinterested. I don't think they are, it's how they've been played.

Edited by Oaks
  • Like 2

... That Sherwood might help him find his mojo again is pretty much our only hope in my mind.

A lot of what you write makes great persuasive sense to me, but not this line. That paints us into a real box! Do you think we're that limited in our choices? Doesn't the new bride get to ask for some new furniture?

Yeah we will probably not see the real Benteke till next season.

That's an interesting idea, and again, as with Villamarv, what you say is persuasive to me. It's not like I wouldn't LOVE To see Tekkers brought back, and somehow I'd forgotten how young he was. Maybe he'll be a bit like Ramsey at Arsenal after last year, after the injury?

... That Sherwood might help him find his mojo again is pretty much our only hope in my mind.

A lot of what you write makes great persuasive sense to me, but not this line. That paints us into a real box! Do you think we're that limited in our choices? Doesn't the new bride get to ask for some new furniture?

I suppose what I mean by that line is I think if Benteke gets injured again now, we're doomed. I dont really "rate" an awful lot of our players that highly and with no Kozac return looking imminent the fact that we're battling with relegation with Gabby and Weimann the focal point of our attcking threat is of no surprise to me, whoever the manager may be.

• Like 1

Yeah we will probably not see the real Benteke till next season.

That's an interesting idea, and again, as with Villamarv, what you say is persuasive to me. It's not like I wouldn't LOVE To see Tekkers brought back, and somehow I'd forgotten how young he was. Maybe he'll be a bit like Ramsey at Arsenal after last year, after the injury?

1) Perhaps yes. But if you are somebody who recognises the talent in Benteke as Sherwood quite clearly does then you're unlikely to throw that particular piece of furniture into the river. It would be mental to give up on Benteke right now and flog him at what is likely to be the lowest point in his career. I'm astonished that was ever seriously mooted by some.

2) Ramsey is a good comparison I think. Really good. All of the same accusations were labeled at him.

• Like 2

I think the immense pressure he has been under has probably taken its toll as everytime the media and fans was saying Benteke back to save Villa etc. and maybe Sherwood will take it off of him for a while

People tend to forget he is still a young lad

• Like 1

He is pure useless. Where this idea of him being good in the air came from I'll never know

Probably due to him being fantastic in the air. Today was the first game I've seen him lose headers so many times, I put that down to a good defensive performance more than anything. 

He wins headers but he knocks it straight to a defender. He has no football intelligence. Good defensive display that was stoke without shawcross. Should have had a field day today but he's just not good enough

Â