Christian Benteke

Kwan

Why can we not get the quality we have seen previous from Benteke? I have never known a striker be on such a bad run, if it is just down to form.

Really its happens quite a lot...carew went ages without scoring, as did dean Saunders, .....neither ever really came back to be what they onbce were.

I think that's the thing, some players have such a good breakout season that is so much better than probably every season for the rest of their career and thats the standard they'll be judged on from then onwards. I'm not saying thats definitely Benteke but it could be, football doesn't really wait around for anyone's reputation.

He was brilliant again last season when he came back from that niggling injury that plagued him for the first half of the season. Think he scored something like 7 goals in about 2 months.

I still think he'll hit top form again.

I think Benteke is playing very badly. I thought his one two with Delph yesterday just about summed him up at the moment. Delph was running the ball towards the D. Benteke was in front of Delph making no runs, and creating no space. Delph eventually just fed him the ball because there was nothing else to do. Benteke immediately gave the ball back to Delph whose only options then were to give it back to Benteke again or just run it into a defender. He went for the latter. The former was similarly pointless.

Benteke thinks he came out of that exchange without fault because it wasn't he who lost possession, it was Delph. Benteke knows he's off form, so rather than look at himself, he's implicating everyone else and then pointing fingers aggressively. I'm sure it's frustrating to come back from injury without a preseason and having lost that little bit of pace and sharpness, but he's lacking character. He has always had a questionable character. The strike he went on at Genk, the transfer request last season. Great player when things are going well for him, but at the moment he's frustrated and he's playing like a man whose first priority is to make himself look like a good player trapped in a terrible team, regardless of what effect that has on results.

I would play Gabby again. He was a nuisance for Chelsea yesterday.

• Like 4

I don't know what is up with Benteke, seems to be his attitude and application as much as anything, but you have to play your best players. I would still have him starting every game given our lack of suitable replacements, and I would still rather have a half decent chance fall to him than any of the other strikers

• Like 1

He was brilliant again last season when he came back from that niggling injury that plagued him for the first half of the season. Think he scored something like 7 goals in about 2 months.

He hasn't been anywhere near his best since he got injured at Norwich a year n a half ago.

He hasn't been anywhere near his best since he got injured at Norwich a year n a half ago.

He was from the turn of last year up until he got injured again.

He was better but the not the level of first season/start of 2nd season.

Seriously think were in great danger of being lumbered with a mediocre striker when we could have got 20-25m for him.

Not saying Benteke is mediocre, he's potentially (when fit and interested) the best striker in Europe. But he is very rarely that for villa.

He was better but the not the level of first season/start of 2nd season.

Seriously think were in great danger of being lumbered with a mediocre striker when we could have got 20-25m for him.

Not saying Benteke is mediocre, he's potentially (when fit and interested) the best striker in Europe. But he is very rarely that for villa.

He just needs to get his confidence back and stay fit for a prolonged period of time. I wouldn't even say he's injury prone either - he just got two really bad injuries fairly close together.

Â