Christian Benteke

Kwan

For all the players that are out of form....This is the one that Steve Bruce will be pleased to see on the Bench.

I'm not criticising Lambert on this one because he is out of form, but so is half the side.... he see's more than us, perhaps we would do the same if we were privvy.

I still think we have a collective/team problem that has affected individuals, as opposed to the other way round.

I would have liked to see him more decisive over the months by dragging people off if they are not performing and sending a message through the team.

I think he has been too passive and given them chances to redeem themselves, when some have just taken the piss and its has grown in to the big thing it now is....Its a players responsibility to get his form back, by working extra hours on the training ground....wonder if any have done that?

I think its all too late now....he has lost them IMO...He looks ill/Broken Man

Edited by TRO

I think he should start tomorrow. He may be in poor form but him being on the bench would provide a big psychological boost to Hull.

Not sure about that, it's not like he's out injured. I think knowing that he's waiting to come on when they're tiring is more likely to concern them. Gabby did a decent job on Saturday anyway - I'd start him or Weimann centrally and make the change later on. 

I think he should start tomorrow. He may be in poor form but him being on the bench would provide a big psychological boost to Hull.

Not sure about that, it's not like he's out injured. I think knowing that he's waiting to come on when they're tiring is more likely to concern them. Gabby did a decent job on Saturday anyway - I'd start him or Weimann centrally and make the change later on. 

Yep that's how I see it.

If it's a tight game then bringing someone like Benteke off the bench would be great.

Benteke, poor or not , might score. Gabby wont. No brainer, you pick the better player. And that's Benteke.

Not at the moment he's not.

Yes he is. Do you think Gabby could score a goal like the one Benteke scored against the Mancs. Or for that matter , the one he smashed in against Blackpool.Form is temporary, class is permanent. I've seen nothing from Gabby that leads me to believe he will give any defence the problems that Benteke can. We simply don't have the luxury of a squad where we can leave out our most potent weapon.I don't want to see crosses coming in from Sinclair without the big man being on the end of them.  Eventually the beast is going to start firing again. Hull on Tuesday would be a good time to start. He can't do that stuck on the bench.

• Like 1

Benteke, poor or not , might score. Gabby wont. No brainer, you pick the better player. And that's Benteke.

Yes he is. Do you think Gabby could score a goal like the one Benteke scored against the Mancs. Or for that matter , the one he smashed in against Blackpool.Form is temporary, class is permanent. I've seen nothing from Gabby that leads me to believe he will give any defence the problems that Benteke can. We simply don't have the luxury of a squad where we can leave out our most potent weapon.I don't want to see crosses coming in from Sinclair without the big man being on the end of them. Eventually the beast is going to start firing again. Hull on Tuesday would be a good time to start. He can't do that stuck on the bench.
The united game was 2 months ago. Even the Blackpool game was a month ago.

What if he doesn't start firing again against hull? And we're stuck with the current benteke for that game? Can we afford that in a game we need to win?

Gabby has a habit of scoring crucial goals for us down the years. I'd be happy for him to be given that chance tomorrow. Benteke's form doesn't mean he can spend an hour on the bench and come straight back in.

Fwiw I think Benteke will start tomorrow. But I'd rather see andi or gabby there for now.

Yes he is. Do you think Gabby could score a goal like the one Benteke scored against the Mancs. Or for that matter , the one he smashed in against Blackpool.Form is temporary, class is permanent. I've seen nothing from Gabby that leads me to believe he will give any defence the problems that Benteke can. We simply don't have the luxury of a squad where we can leave out our most potent weapon.I don't want to see crosses coming in from Sinclair without the big man being on the end of them. Eventually the beast is going to start firing again. Hull on Tuesday would be a good time to start. He can't do that stuck on the bench.
The united game was 2 months ago. Even the Blackpool game was a month ago.

What if he doesn't start firing again against hull? And we're stuck with the current benteke for that game? Can we afford that in a game we need to win?

Gabby has a habit of scoring crucial goals for us down the years. I'd be happy for him to be given that chance tomorrow. Benteke's form doesn't mean he can spend an hour on the bench and come straight back in.

Fwiw I think Benteke will start tomorrow. But I'd rather see andi or gabby there for now.

And when was Gabbys last goal. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Lets just hope whoever we pick, we get the right result.

Agree with this - Benteke should start.
Remember though with Gabby playing Aston Villa scored, when Benteke was playing Aston Villa did not.

When Gabby doesn't score (which is often) 90% of the time he still contributes something, whether it's winning a soft free kick and relieving some pressure on us or chasing a lost cause and at least trying to bully the defenders, when Benteke doesn't score he stands around moaning at everyone and contributes nothing (at the moment)

He is our best striker by far, but he needs a kick up the arse, hopefully for everyone that happened with him missing the last game and he'll start at Hull back to the Benteke we all know, if he's spent the last few days sulking around and moaning then he should stay on the bench for it and Gabby should start IMO

I would play him tomorrow. 

Benching him against Chelsea was a clear "come on buck your game up you're not playing well enough to be the big name at the moment". 

Hopefully if he plays tomorrow he should be chomping at the bit to score a couple of goals and go "fack off Lambert ave them apples". 

Which is what Lambert would want and would be perfect man management. 

The Mike Brearley, Willis/Botham Technique.

I would play him tomorrow. 

Benching him against Chelsea was a clear "come on buck your game up you're not playing well enough to be the big name at the moment". 

Hopefully if he plays tomorrow he should be chomping at the bit to score a couple of goals and go "fack off Lambert ave them apples". 

Which is what Lambert would want and would be perfect man management

The Mike Brearley, Willis/Botham Technique.

steve-urkel-side-eye-umm-no.gif

• Like 2

Â