Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wish they'd book more of them. I'd be quite happy to back a referee who booked half a dozen players in a game for it. Every time I see the rugby and the way referees are treated in it I'm a little bit embarrassed about how football does this. That's not necessarily a knock on Bacuna, that's a knock on how weak football is in terms of how it manages players and supports officials.

I totally agree. Unfortunately it's been established as a grey area in modern football. I think a lot of it is down to how referees and the FA handled the behaviour of Ferguson, Roy Keane, Jamie Carragher, Gerrard, John Terry and Chelsea under Mourinho in particular in the past.

On the Bacuna incident though, I'm confused as to how not only the linesman got the decision wrong from so close to the action but the referee also didn't see it to overrule the call.

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Couldn't agree more. The PC brigade can't help but jump on anything or anyone negative to slate the player. Bacuna played with passion today and now he's portrayed like a heavyweight fighting champion by certain people on here.

I'm actually really excited to hear Bacuna have a good game and show some fight. Always have liked him just not always liked his attitude. By fight I mean the way he chased all game. I certainly don't condone his behaviour. Referees, no matter how many mistakes they make, should NOT be intimidated. Also happy to accept it is an indiscretion and move on. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I totally agree. Unfortunately it's been established as a grey area in modern football. I think a lot of it is down to how referees and the FA handled the behaviour of Ferguson, Roy Keane, Jamie Carragher, Gerrard, John Terry and Chelsea under Mourinho in particular in the past.

On the Bacuna incident though, I'm confused as to how not only the linesman got the decision wrong from so close to the action but the referee also didn't see it to overrule the call.

Maybe he would've if Bacuna hadn't acted like a brainless idiot so immediately. Should've seen red for his behaviour towards the ref for the Leeds penalty as well

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Maybe he would've if Bacuna hadn't acted like a brainless idiot so immediately. Should've seen red for his behaviour towards the ref for the Leeds penalty as well

Ok ok you don't like Bacuna, we get it ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

In the heat of the moment, different people act, uhhh, differently. Perhaps his competitive side is a reason why he is playing at a high level when many with ability don't have that edge to compete and push. 

I'm not trying to condone what he did, it was wrong but in such a tense moment of the game where he's worked his ass off and then had such a rubbish decision to against him then I understand why the red mist could be produced. He deserves to be punished for it, of course but it's not so black and white. I suspect he has a brain, despite what you suggest. In the heat of the moment, anything can, and does happen. It'll be a weakness of him at times but a strength in others (the whole game where he worked his ass off tirelessly, for example). 

• Like 1

“He’s overstepped the mark and done something stupid

He now misses Tuesday, Saturday and probably the following Tuesday (plus another game which could be added to the suspension).

It’s sad and he’ll also have a big hefty fine from me so he’s going to be one miserable so-and-so for the next few weeks.”

I guess Bruce is just a PC gone mad, typical villatalk Bacuna hater. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Right so it's not a headbutt it just looked like head to head contact from some angles but people need to stop defending this clown

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackGrimse/status/835535691249565698/video/1

OMG that's all it was?! I was expecting something really aggressive. He was doing something lots of players do every game but overstepped the boundary. Deserved red. Done.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, darrenm said:

OMG that's all it was?! I was expecting something really aggressive. He was doing something lots of players do every game but overstepped the boundary. Deserved red. Done.

I don't think I've ever seen someone else do that to an assistant ref

Silly red to get. 

Probably shows us an insight into how the players are feeling. Frustrated and didn't want anything silly to see them equalise. Unfortunately his red meant they were more likely to.. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He now misses Tuesday, Saturday and probably the following Tuesday (plus another game which could be added to the suspension).

It’s sad and he’ll also have a big hefty fine from me so he’s going to be one miserable so-and-so for the next few weeks.”

I think what Bruce says is what the "defenders" are all saying, isn't it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

The discussion on here would be vastly different if we didn't go on to win the game. It was a really stupid act of petulance from a professional footballer.

But we didn't lose and despite his red he was sensational today. People complain about our players not showing but look how crazy bacuna went before he did the stupid act?

I can't remember a villa player going mad like that. He showed how desperate he wanted to win. I want players like that in my starting 11.

He did a moment of madness yes but bacuna I for accept your apology and thank you for showing some heart and passion today. Something we desperately needed

My MOTM yesterday.

Silly red card, but if you were shocked by it then you can't have watched Bacuna much since his arrival! He's the type of player who will get heated, but he'll also be snapping at opponents heels too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

seriously mate, I really can't see anyone who's said anything contrary to that?

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That would be more poor refereeing then!

Then I'm not sure what the argument is.  

It was clearly a red. It was clearly a stupid mistake. Bruce acknowledges it could cost him extra games (showing it's not nothing) and states he will get a hefty fine (again showing it's not nothing)

Not sure anyone's said it's nothing though, it's clearly something, I think people feel the reaction has been just a little over the top. He got what was coming to him, let's move on.

I do wonder if he'd been shown a yellow we'd even be discussing this.

• Like 1