Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Ok, thought I had better look at it after reading about it on here. I googled it, and the Sun headline greeting me says a head butt, so I watch a YouTube video to see for my own eyes, he deserved a red but no way a head butt, jostled the linesman is best way of describing it. You cannot do that, it is a stupid thing to do. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Ok, thought I had better look at it after reading about it on here. I googled it, and the Sun headline greeting me says a head butt, so I watch a YouTube video to see for my own eyes, he deserved a red but no way a head butt, jostled the linesman is best way of describing it. You cannot do that, it is a stupid thing to do. 

I agree I was expecting to see far worse. I am not even sure he touched him with his head. He has lost his rag in the heat of the moment and been a pratt. It happens and he will be punished accordingly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Yes, definate red card and a stupid move....but that's about it.

Overreaction reigns on villatalk shocker 

You can call it an overreaction, but in the whole history of football, in the whole history of utter bellends who have been professional footballers, how many of them have been sent off for "jostling" a linesman over a throw in decision? 

I like Bacuna, but his actions were a disgrace.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nigel said:

It was a straight red...must have been considered a head butt surely? 

The red was given after consultation with the linesman. I don't think it was given based on the ref's interpretation.

At least I hope not anyway because the same ref allowed Nugent to hurl a tirade of abuse his way for a good 10-20 seconds and did absolutely nothing about it.

18 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Can't imagine what was going on in his head when he did that. Not sure I've ever seen an incident like that before. What a totally stupid thing to get sent off for.

I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the team

I thought he was excellent in the match – but he’s overstepped the mark and done something stupid.

He has made a mistake. The linesman got the decision horribly wrong. There’s a huge frustration but he overstepped the mark and he knows that.

He now misses some games which is sad – and a big hefty fine from me. So he will be a miserable lad for the next couple of weeks.

Overall, he was brilliant on the pitch. He reminded me what a good player he is.

I thought he was arguably our best player so it was a shame he spoiled it in the heat of the moment.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/02/25/the-boss-derby-home-reaction

• Like 3

Man of the match today. I've been the first to complain about us having a soft centre so I would be a hypocrite to lambast him. I had a good view of what happened and it was a horrific decision by the linesman. He has ran himself into the ground and was tracking back from a lone centre forward position as we tried to grind out the result and frustration got the better. We see players week in week out square up to the ref often unpunished. Trinity side of the pitch it would of probably been a booking. Worth remembering The Sun are reporting it as a headbutt!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

lol I'll watch it again but first thought was he didn't mean to bump into the ref, I know he isn't the brightest but not sure even he would do that.. would he. 

He lost his head and charged at the ref in previous game this season over a penalty shout that the ref eventually awarded. He's a total brainless hothead and he was squaring up to the linesman like he was ready for a brawl outside a nightclub. 

Absolute dropkick. Can't wait to see the back of him

2 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Man of the match today. I've been the first to complain about us having a soft centre so I would be a hypocrite to lambast him. I had a good view of what happened and it was a horrific decision by the linesman. He has ran himself into the ground and was tracking back from a lone centre forward position as we tried to grind out the result and frustration got the better. We see players week in week out square up to the ref often unpunished. Trinity side of the pitch it would of probably been a booking. Worth remembering The Sun are reporting it as a headbutt!!!!!

Who **** cares if it was a bad decision. You never react like that to an official