Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats happened to his set pieces?? He use to be so good now he is so shite at them. I think he is struggling with poor players around him. I would keep him

I think it's pretty obvious, he doesn't practice them anymore.

I can't imagine any of this bunch staying behind after training to develop themselves.

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Bacuna's one of those players that are symptomatic of what's been wrong with us in recent years, a lot of us fell into the trap of thinking that he was good enough to "do a job" when in reality he's just not up to standard. Even at right back, where he's less liable to make errors or have much of an impact, you'd be hard pressed to find another side in the league that would take him over who they already have there. He's a disaster in the middle, and seeing as he was originally signed as more or less a (I think) right-sided forward I'm not sure how the possibility of him being used there ever came to be outside of injuries. Against both West Ham and Liverpool he attempted a simple 5 yard layoff back to Okore that he somehow managed to put about 8 feet into the air.

Used to have a lot more time for him but I'm at the stage where I think it's time to concede that it's that kind of acceptance of sub-par players that's contributed greatly to where we find ourselves.

Totally agree.

I've been guilty in the past of saying he is alright at right back but in reality, it probably only seems that way because he is in the game less.

He is nowhere near good enough for the Premier League. Not good enough Technically. 

He's another example of you get what you pay for.  I think he's a decent fill in squad player for about a million quid, he did well at left back to be fair to him, but he's starting way too many matches for us and the other day was awful.  Worse than Sylla was towards the end.  I'm not one for just throwing the kids in willy nilly but in this case, it's worth giving one a go in midfield ahead of him.

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think it's pretty obvious, he doesn't practice them anymore.

I can't imagine any of this bunch staying behind after training to develop themselves.

argument on TV earlier moaning about Ronaldo attitude and think Didi Hamann said he is the hardest working player at Real Madrid and trains everyday to make himself better that he can afford to be a bit petulant

well if one of best players in history of games feels need to stay back to improve himself then our players really should be doing the same and going by our skillset I think some of them probably cant wait for manager to blow it up for end of training

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

argument on TV earlier moaning about Ronaldo attitude and think Didi Hamann said he is the hardest working player at Real Madrid and trains everyday to make himself better that he can afford to be a bit petulant

well if one of best players in history of games feels need to stay back to improve himself then our players really should be doing the same and going by our skillset I think some of them probably cant wait for manager to blow it up for end of training

That's the reason why they are the best players. They have the continued motivation to train hard, even with boring training if they feel there is a weakness there.

Even mediocre players with limited talent with that continued motivation will eventually succeed.

None of the players at villa (last 6 years) ever seem to improve and go backwards continually.

The question is if its the type of personality we sign that's the problem or the club not doing enough to motivate the players.

Like many he's been made worse by Benteke not being there anymore, Bacuna was racking up a shed load of assists end of last season let's not forget. Now where they world class crosses or just a special striker turning those hopeful crosses into good ones? A bit of both but obviously the assists are going to decrease when it's Gestede he's aiming at.

Bacuna's always been wildly inconsistant right back to his first season. Has some good games when you think he's turning into a decent player and then he throws in a shocker and loses his place in the team and then the whole process starts again.

As it is I wouldn't quite lump him in with the others as he can cover a few positions, he does have some pace and can chip in with goals so at a lower level where the marking won't be so good he might be o.k.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2014 at 13:33, rodders0223 said:

On 28/05/2014 at 13:21, vandaq said:

Not even close to making it to the cup huh? They already are missing van der wiel,janmaat and verhaegh. Surely Bacuna deserves a shout? I bet the one that will take his place will not be much better and in fact has not scored more goals. Also, bacuna has played a season in PL, something that doesn't really need to be argued about being a much higher level than eredivisie.

No, I don't think he is good enough for netherlands national team but right now I don't see why he couldn't be there

I am going to guess that he won't get called up because he is a poor footballer playing in an awful team, he doesn't have a position nailed down, his touch, passing and ability in the centre of midfield are atrocious, his defensive capabilities, his awareness and his intelligence playing at right back are laughable. I wouldn't trust him in any system.

There are dozens of Bacuna's playing in the Eredivisie. Ten a penny athletic footballers with no football brain.

He is awful and a few goals doesn't not change that.

I posted this nearly two years ago. What has changed apart from a new 5 year contract?

EDIT : The goals, he doesn't even pop in the odd goal anymore.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1