Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I really do think he is. KEA was far more technically 'gifted', had a much better first touch and way more composed on the ball. 

Exactly this. I watch a decent amount of Dutch footy whenever I can, and although Feyenoord went on the worst runs in football in recent times, KEA is actually a very decent player in their side. Very rarely gives the ball away and gets out of tight situations at times. He has also started  to drive forward a lot more so he carries an attacking threat.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I really do think he is. KEA was far more technically 'gifted', had a much better first touch and way more composed on the ball. 

Yeah, maybe you're right actually. Anyway, there are other even weaker leagues from which one can arrive in the Champions League. 

Wherever he goes to, I think most of us can agree we'd rather he went there sooner than later. 

The difference is KEA had the balls and honour to realise this league wasn't for him and walked away. He didn't signed a 5 year contract, and went through the motions whilst dreaming of CL football.

...and he is a billion times better than Bacuna.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hanky said:

He's an awful footballer. He also looks as if he walks around like he doesn't care either which used to be his plus point.

and people say Richards hasnt been an influential captain :P

• Like 2

A squad player at best but given the way he plays these days I frankly doubt that even in the Championship.

He's ok as a fill-in full back, and dare I say it for the money we paid I think he has been a decent signing.  It's just incredibly irritating when players come up with this shite.

Same here. Does a decent, if unspectacular job at full-back. Chips in with the odd goal. Can also play winger or CM, although he's bang average when played there. He also has a good free kick in him, we've just not seen it in a competitive match for over a season. That's all you get for £1m nowadays.

But he has said some crap to the media, so just like Lescott when he did his saft car tweet, he's now public enemy number one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Same here. Does a decent, if unspectacular job at full-back. Chips in with the odd goal. Can also play winger or CM, although he's bang average when played there. He also has a good free kick in him, we've just not seen it in a competitive match for over a season. That's all you get for £1m nowadays.

But he has said some crap to the media, so just like Lescott when he did his saft car tweet, he's now public enemy number one.

He's been hated on the terraces for more than the last few days. I'm not actually sure why in particular Bacuna seems to be singled out for bashing, but he often is. Of course I think he's dreadful, but then so are lots of our players. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's been hated on the terraces for more than the last few days. I'm not actually sure why in particular Bacuna seems to be singled out for bashing, but he often is. Of course I think he's dreadful, but then so are lots of our players. 

that photo he took a while ago probably didnt help things, also his application this season has been really woeful which is unforgivable. Oh and he has some ridiculous haircuts, like his idol is Abel Xavier

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think he's been getting more stick because his performances have been abysmal and fans are fed up. We've been watching him be shit for years. 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was a fan for a while, but must say imo he is the epitomy of why we are where we are.....

• Like 1

He's another cheap player that we have had our money's worth from. I think he could be a good right back, but only if that becomes his dedicated position, which seems unlikely now.

Unless we are going to fill our squad with quality players, a utility man is always going to be useful, but I wouldn't want him to be starting many games as a midfielder.

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably because he has the air of having a lackadaisical attitude on and off the pitch. You see it in those pre match videos when he's strutting into the ground wearing a ridiculous hat, another hairstyle and on the pitch when a goal goes in he just shrugs his shoulders and turns back towards the halfway line.

I'd imagine that's what people pick up on as I've seen many worse players play for us (I'm looking at you Gestede). But then Full back does seem to be a scapegoat position when you think of the stick likes of Alan Wright and Samuel used to get from the crowd.

It really makes no difference though, Hutton is like a mad man going up and down the touchline each game but his actual ability is as bad as Bacuna's. 

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

I think most of us have scored a cracking free kick in our time, we just haven't been able to secure a professional contract out of it. MUG.

Has he even hit the target from one this season never mind score