Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

People said the same about Clark 2 seasons ago. Now Clark is championed regularly.

Bacuna is pretty despised right now, but it's only because he's had a handful of 'bad' games recently. Other than those games, he's been as 'average' as the rest of the team, and he's one of the players who has been seen to be running through brick walls for the club, where others didn't. Not to mention that he will probably play anywhere in the team if asked. He's never once moaned about being played at rightback, right wing, left back and centre-mid. Even though it's probably contributed to him not firmly establishing himself in any one position (other than RB under Lambert).

I also think he will actually be a good rightback for us when we go down. He's certainly the best one we have, that will stay here. Not to mention he's easily good enough to defend in that league, but will also be a decent attacking outlet.

After a couple of better games, I'm sure people will soon forget about his bad ones, and find a new player to label as 'the worst player to play for this great club in a million years' etc etc.

14 hours ago, Rob182 said:

People said the same about Clark 2 seasons ago. Now Clark is championed regularly.

Bacuna is pretty despised right now, but it's only because he's had a handful of 'bad' games recently. Other than those games, he's been as 'average' as the rest of the team, and he's one of the players who has been seen to be running through brick walls for the club, where others didn't. Not to mention that he will probably play anywhere in the team if asked. He's never once moaned about being played at rightback, right wing, left back and centre-mid. Even though it's probably contributed to him not firmly establishing himself in any one position (other than RB under Lambert).

I also think he will actually be a good rightback for us when we go down. He's certainly the best one we have, that will stay here. Not to mention he's easily good enough to defend in that league, but will also be a decent attacking outlet.

After a couple of better games, I'm sure people will soon forget about his bad ones, and find a new player to label as 'the worst player to play for this great club in a million years' etc etc.

Clark is shit too.

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Bacuna really isn't 'absolutely shit' at all.

Depends what you consider 'absolutely shit' to be honest.

If a PL player is very good, a semi professional average and your pub player shit... then yes, I would describe Bacuna as absolutely shit.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It continues to amaze me that Garde had no interest in giving Gardner a chance but is happy for this guy to keep starting games. 

Gardner, Lyden, Mason all could've had a chance. Fair enough Gardner has gone out to get regular game time but we have other options yet Bacuna stays in. Crazy

Yes!

He's one of those absolutely shit pub players who can play full back, centre-mid or on the wing, can whip in a cross, can score a goal, but also suffers from inconsistency and lacks technical ability.

Leandro 'Marmite' Bacuna. You either think he's 'absolutely shit', or you think he's an average yet versatile footballer who has his flaws, like most players do.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2016/feb/27/leicester-v-norwich-southampton-v-chelsea-and-more-clockwatch-live?page=with:block-56d1d066e4b0bd5a0524ce58#block-56d1d066e4b0bd5a0524ce58

GOAL! Stoke City 2-1 Aston Villa (Bacuna 79)

'Following his horror show against Liverpool, a performance that was so bad he was hauled into his manager’s office and asked to explain himself, Aston Villa utility man (a utility man who’s consistently useless in a wide variety of positions) Leandro Bacuna gives Aston Villa a chance of rescuing a point by pulling one back against Stoke City.'

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

He's one of those absolutely shit pub players who can play full back, centre-mid or on the wing, can whip in a cross, can score a goal, but also suffers from inconsistency and lacks technical ability.

Leandro 'Marmite' Bacuna. You either think he's 'absolutely shit', or you think he's an average yet versatile footballer who has his flaws, like most players do.

Yes! He scored!