Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Himself and Baker had a few shakey moments today but overall were ok. For the first goal, Okore stepped up to play offside and Baker didn't so Borini got in. But it's hard to say who was at fault for that. Okore being the one marking the man probably shouldn't have stepped up until Baker did but baker should have been quicker to move out

He could probably do with a rest. The defence looked dodgy again today but he was the least at fault as Baker really struggled at times.  Can't blame the centre backs for either goal imo, Cleverley just let Henderson go free and he had way too much time to play in a quality cross. Delph takes all the blame for the second.

Edited by Bunnski

I don't like this thing of finding a player to blame for every goal, but I guess it's unavoidable since every goal conceded leads directly to a loss. Jores' best friend Clark is back for next game so we'll be fine at CB.

His spring and positioning for high crosses/punts is fine, not everyone has to be 6ft + to win headers in the air.

Really,

Personally I think the week in / week out is starting to catch up with Jores. Doesn't make him a bad player - but hes no world beater imo

His spring and positioning for high crosses/punts is fine, not everyone has to be 6ft + to win headers in the air.

Really,

Personally I think the week in / week out is starting to catch up with Jores. Doesn't make him a bad player - but hes no world beater imo

He turned 22 in August, he has plenty of time to develop even further.

Oh yeah, for what it is worth, he is over 6ft tall.

Playing with Baker, a different partner, possibly effected him. He will be ok when he is reunited with Clark.

I think it did as neither of them are really organisers of a back line, whereas Clark does organise the line of defence. On Sunday Clark should be bought back into the side.

I would give him a rest on Sunday, I think it would do him well. It would also be good for Baker to get another game after being out for a long time.

That would mean playing Clark and Baker that's a very bad idea!! Let Okore renew his partnership with Clark as they need to grow together.

I would give him a rest on Sunday, I think it would do him well. It would also be good for Baker to get another game after being out for a long time.

That would mean playing Clark and Baker that's a very bad idea!! Let Okore renew his partnership with Clark as they need to grow together.

Why would it be a bad idea? They have been bad in the past as a partnership, but I would say that would have more to do witht he fact that they were both worse players individually. They both seem to have improved this season, and if we were to have injuries/suspensions I'd rather have Baker with an extra game under his belt. That, and I think Okore would benefit from a rest.

Why would it be a bad idea? They have been bad in the past as a partnership, but I would say that would have more to do witht he fact that they were both worse players individually. They both seem to have improved this season, and if we were to have injuries/suspensions I'd rather have Baker with an extra game under his belt. That, and I think Okore would benefit from a rest.

Neither of them is a right sided CB both play better on the left. Baker needs an experienced head alongside him to help his game that's why when he played with Senderos he looked decent. He looked back to his old self against Liverpool at home yet was MOM in the away one! We need to start our best team and at the minute our 2 best CB are Okore and Clark. If Baker can get some composure in his game he has all the attributes to be a good CB.

Neither of them is a right sided CB both play better on the left. Baker needs an experienced head alongside him to help his game that's why when he played with Senderos he looked decent. He looked back to his old self against Liverpool at home yet was MOM in the away one! We need to start our best team and at the minute our 2 best CB are Okore and Clark. If Baker can get some composure in his game he has all the attributes to be a good CB.

It's OT for this thread, but that's very harsh on Baker IMO. Just back from a long injury lay-off, playing in a team with a new style of football, with a partner he'd never played with before on a match-day. I actually think Baker and Okore should be given one more game this weekend - as WooJung says, it can't hurt for them to get used to each other. Clark should be preferred again for league games. 

Clark has already played on the right, and if anything it will be a good experience for him to play there again. Besides, lots of teams play with two right sided CBs (Wasn't it with Dunne and Collins that we had one of the best defenses in the league?).

I think Clark can play the role of the experienced head. After all he's done that brilliantly with Okore.

Edited by WooJung

Absolutely sensational today I thought, though I wasn't entirely sure if he was to blame for the goal only that it came down his side. My eyes were averted for a split second. From what I did see though he was boss. Again.

He's got serious potential. World class potential.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Â