Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Quite simply a rock. Keeps improving every match and still amazes me with his athleticism. 

He is unbelievable. Watched him rescue a dangerous situation v Bournemouth and before you think he's even regained his balance he's sent a laser-like pass through a forest of players in midfield straight to the feet of a Villa player. Formidable talent.

• Like 1

Absolutely sensational today I thought, though I wasn't entirely sure if he was to blame for the goal only that it came down his side. My eyes were averted for a split second. From what I did see though he was boss. Again.

He's got serious potential. World class potential.

Really I think the goal was down to Richardson, who switched off three times in dangerous situations at LB. I don't mind KR as a squad player if he plays in midfield, but he can't carry on like that if he's going to be at LB.

Really pleased for him if he has played well.

Watched a school boy error against Liverpool when Borini went from the front of him to the rear to score.

sorry, will reserve judgement

not saying  one error should be overly judged....but equally not getting carried away on him too.

• Like 1

The occasional mistake - even a 'catastrophic' one - is entirely normal for a centre back. They all do it. The poor ones let it get to them, their confidence is rattled, and they get worse. The good ones shrug it off and get on with it. Okore is a good one.

• Like 2

Watched a school boy error against Liverpool when Borini went from the front of him to the rear to score.

not saying  one error should be overly judged....but equally not getting carried away on him too.

The error wouldn't have happened with Clark playing. Okore pushes up when the balls pushed back but Baker doesn't move playing Okores man onside. Clark is the organiser whereas Baker doesn't talk much. I think that's why Baker looks good with Senderos and Vlaar and not so much with the others. Okore is a beast he's feet are so quick for a CB and has so much physicality. He still hasn't played that much yet looks a veteran for us.

As DDID said, he has the potential to be genuinely World class. He's obviously physically gifted in terms of strength and pace, but his positioning is outstanding and his timing of a tackle is great too. Trying not to get too carried away, but he makes it look easy.

You do understand how young he is, right? 

• Like 1

Jores+Okore+Aston+Villa+v+Leicester+City

Their apparent close friendship off the pitch no doubt has an impact on their partnership on the field, never thought I'd be so impressed with Clark but when he is alongside his amigo Okore they both look like an absolute force.

I just love these photos of Clark and Okore together. Such warmth.

Really pleased for him if he has played well. Watched a school boy error against Liverpool when Borini went from the front of him to the rear to score. sorry, will reserve judgement not saying  one error should be overly judged....but equally not getting carried away on him too.

You do understand how young he is, right?

I'm sure he does.

But if he so great why are we carved open so easily ? The Liverpool & Leicester scorelines flatered us - Leicester in particular sliced through us at will.

....and of course. ..very few clean sheets

I'm not on the okore bandwagon just yet

Carved open so easily? You do know we have the 5th best defence in the league, right? Guzan also is 4th in the league for clean sheets.

Of course he will make mistakes, he's young and all players do - but for his age, in what is pretty much his first season thanks to that nasty ACL injury, to be performing so well is remarkable IMO. No bandwagon here.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 4

He's still a kid - every CB of that age will make a mistake or two, it's called the learning process. If you aren't able to see the massive potential there, then I really don't know what you're looking for. 

• Like 1

Â