U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

So in the last week the Supreme Court has:-

Strengthened Gun Rights 

Removed Right to Abortion

Limited the Government's ability to put in climate control

In 1 week. Absolutely bonkers. 

They are literally turning into a backwards third world style country. 

POTUS is supposed to be the most powerful man in the world but he actually looks totally impotent. 

US needs to get its shit together or is just going to die. 

Why have they chosen conception as the arbitrary point at which life begins?

All of your sperm could potentially be a human. So really it should be against the law to jizz into a sock. 

I wonder when the first case of one of these whoppers arranging an abortion for their partner/daughter/mistress will be. I give it 2 months

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

All of your sperm could potentially be a human. So really it should be against the law to jizz into a sock. 

I wonder when the first case of one of these whoppers arranging an abortion for their partner/daughter/mistress will be. I give it 2 months

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Because that's when they can **** over a woman's life.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

America is dying a slow death unless it's going to do something about all these white old men thinking they can decide what is good for what used to be the country everyone looked to. It's becoming increasingly clear that Europe is going to be the next torch bearer for rights, democracy and peace in the world. It's a shame we had our own Trump style idiocy with Brexit, or else we could actually help shape the decisions of the next 100 years. The Nordics, Baltics and parts of Eastern Europe together with a few Western European nations will sadly have to show the world what democracy means, without populists in France, U.K, Hungary, Poland etc of course.

I admire your optimism. 

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

America is dying a slow death unless it's going to do something about all these white old men thinking they can decide what is good for what used to be the country everyone looked to. It's becoming increasingly clear that Europe is going to be the next torch bearer for rights, democracy and peace in the world. It's a shame we had our own Trump style idiocy with Brexit, or else we could actually help shape the decisions of the next 100 years. The Nordics, Baltics and parts of Eastern Europe together with a few Western European nations will sadly have to show the world what democracy means, without populists in France, U.K, Hungary, Poland etc of course.

We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business.

Capitalism and democracy are not synonymous.

There's a reason that the Rockefeller's own banks, were the minds behind the twin towers being created, and that NBC studios the crown jewel of media coverage, sits at Rockefeller plaza. The World Health Organisation also formed thanks to the Rockefeller foundation. 

They are powerful and influential.

I'm not pointing fingers and getting in to territory I don't know enough about. But from what I gather, there's a good chance that those old men you speak of not only have generational wealth, they have wealth in world conquest proportion.

I want to add that democracy means 'power of the people', in Greek. Socrates, Plato and Aristotle are just three of the better known minds that gave birth to the school of thought and way of life that meant democracy was created. All philosophers, philosophy meaning 'love of wisdom', in Greek. 

It saddens me that my own mother, who's parents only immigrated from Greece in the 50's, thinks that democracy is merely a right to vote. She knows the language but isn't so interested in the history. I nearly said culture but I'd be at risk of being chased down the street by her, wooden spoon in hand. Democracy was so much greater than that. Truly.

Que: Greeks didn't let women vote etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m not a fan of Liz but she looks a genius compared to these idiots.

"All the major internets do that ..."

Apart from Liz, these people seem mentally impaired. I don't mean intellectually disabled, but presenting symptoms I've seen in people I've known with serious disorders — disorganized speech, negative affect, delusions.    

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

"All the major internets do that ..."

Apart from Liz, these people seem mentally impaired. I don't mean intellectually disabled, but presenting symptoms I've seen in people I've known with serious disorders — disorganized speech, negative affect, delusions.    

Being Dick Cheney's daughter, she was always going to be better groomed for office and more presentable than the other candidates. She's still a war hawk like her father, so I'm not sure it's much of a comfort.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I got as far as the baby shower line before I had to close that out of embarrassment. Wow.

The best bit was where he said, "Why can't we treat human life like we'd treat alien life?"

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The best bit was where he said, "Why can't we treat human life like we'd treat alien life?"

There was also the woman who says 200,000 votes were illegally transfered by a mule, then asks if she's in a spoof

• Like 1

6 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

Being Dick Cheney's daughter, she was always going to be better groomed for office and more presentable than the other candidates. She's still a war hawk like her father, so I'm not sure it's much of a comfort.

At last she has a reasonable grasp on reality. I would rather a hawk with some idea of reason than cranks and nutjobs. 

Â