Jimzk5

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

First an agent involved in the takeover.

Then the agent starts buying players for the manager.

Manger is then sacked.

Patsy manager appointed.

I wouldn't be optimistic if I were a Wolves fan.

I have to admit I'm beginning to wonder if I was a little hasty with my judgement on this takeover. 

• Like 1

I still stand by my trust in Hollis to have picked the best deal for Villa, as I imagine these new Wolves owners would have been on the scene as one of the interested parties when we were for sale earlier this year. I could be totally wrong, but I hope I am right, it is just my gut feeling and it is all I have to go on at the moment. It would be gut wrenching if it were a case of Man City part two where our takeover is blown out of the water.

• Like 1

Fosun are a massive company, if it doesn't work out for them with Mendes pulling the strings, they'll just part ways with him and try another approach. They're not going to have their name so closely linked with Wolves and let them be perennial stragglers in the Championship, for long.

I think they'll buy very good young players and spend a fair bit of money - appointing an agent to run your recruitment is increasingly a good move as managers become more and more about coaching and less and less about running clubs. I think Wolves will be a bit chaotic, but I think that looking at the way they're thinking of moving forward they'll be a bit like Watford - chaotically successful to an extent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think they'll buy very good young players and spend a fair bit of money - appointing an agent to run your recruitment is increasingly a good move as managers become more and more about coaching and less and less about running clubs. I think Wolves will be a bit chaotic, but I think that looking at the way they're thinking of moving forward they'll be a bit like Watford - chaotically successful to an extent.

Not when there's a conflict of interest IMO. There's too much of an incentive to distort transfer fees of your clients by engaging in phony bidding wars and too much of an incentive to try and 'flip' players in order to maximise your agent fees. I think there's a clear moral hazard issue.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Why? He was there to get the best deal for Lerner not us as fans.

Exactly, forget what Lerner and Hollis said. For me it was all PR b0ll0cks...it didnt get me romantically nourished

Edited by Demitri_C

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Why? He was there to get the best deal for Lerner not us as fans.

It's all I have to cling to, and I cannot be worrying about what might or might not go wrong with Villa's takeover compared to Wolves before it has had chance to all play out. Nothing more than that really.

Edited by NeilS

21 hours ago, sne said:

Zenga claimed that Wolves is the biggest English team in Italy at his press conference :crylaugh:

gKqNY.gif

Benfica President at Wolves game today with Mendes. Deal for Talisca thought to be close. Some of the Portuguese press were reporting that the deal is that he'll be going to Liverpool eventually.

Â