Jimzk5

Wolves won't be Li's primary interest, far from it. I think we can expect to see a lot of AC Milan youngsters loaned to them though if Li's takeover of both club gets approved. This seemed to work well with Watford getting good players from Serie A on loan when they were in the Championship, but if Wolves fans think they will be anything like Man City or Chelsea in the future, I think that's way off the mark.

6 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Wolves won't be Li's primary interest, far from it. I think we can expect to see a lot of AC Milan youngsters loaned to them though if Li's takeover of both club gets approved. This seemed to work well with Watford getting good players from Serie A on loan when they were in the Championship, but if Wolves fans think they will be anything like Man City or Chelsea in the future, I think that's way off the mark.

If Wolves get promoted, as daft as it may seem, the owners will earn far more from them than they would from AC Milan. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

If Wolves get promoted, as daft as it may seem, the owners will earn far more from them than they would from AC Milan. 

True, but Milan can bring him more glory, won't take a lot to get them challenging for Serie A titles and in the Champions League.

For Wolves, you're right he can make more money, by getting promoted and then just being mundane and finishing 12th or somewhere.

13 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

True, but Milan can bring him more glory, won't take a lot to get them challenging for Serie A titles and in the Champions League.

For Wolves, you're right he can make more money, by getting promoted and then just being mundane and finishing 12th or somewhere.

Depends on what is motivating the purchases I guess. There's no reason that a Wolves team that can outspend most couldn't qualify for European competitions in just a few years with the ability to take the better AC Milan players and give them a healthy pay rise. IF they get promoted. 

Wolves playing in the Premier league would probably give his brand more global exposure, than AC Milan would. They could become a big club very fast, plans are already in place to extend the capacity of the stadium to fifty thousand. There's a danger that they could overtake us as the biggest club in the midlands, hopefully Xia has money and people around him, so that we can compete.

On 13/07/2016 at 21:39, Kingman said:

FFP Been knocked on the head? 

I could be wrong but I thought FFP doesn't come into the equation until year 2 or 3 of a new owner's tenure.  So they can 'have at it' for a while, then settle down after that. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I could be wrong but I thought FFP doesn't come into the equation until year 2 or 3 of a new owner's tenure.  So they can 'have at it' for a while, then settle down after that. 

I think you're right about there being a grace period for new owners. FFP is a joke for so many reason, especially as a club have spend all they want to get promoted and once they do the punishments are unenforceable unless they get relegated again.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Wolves playing in the Premier league would probably give his brand more global exposure, than AC Milan would. They could become a big club very fast, plans are already in place to extend the capacity of the stadium to fifty thousand. There's a danger that they could overtake us as the biggest club in the midlands, hopefully Xia has money and people around him, so that we can compete.

Hmm with us leaving the eu we don't know what could happen in next t 10 years. Italian league might be of more interest to players, international broadcasters. Time will tell

On 7/15/2016 at 18:54, Demitri_C said:

Hmm with us leaving the eu we don't know what could happen in next t 10 years. Italian league might be of more interest to players, international broadcasters. Time will tell

International broadcasters will always prefer the Premier League over any other league IMO. The fact that it's English makes it instantly accessible to almost anyone. I love Serie A, but not being able to speak almost any Italian makes it very difficult to follow anywhere near as close as I would like. Players are just mercenaries, the Premier League is the richest league. Players will play in England, I would imagine.

this to me was like my worries about the consortium "with linksto ellison" that was sniffing around us, horribly reported by our media as an investment group headed by li or with links to lie or played golf with li once is buying them, when the deal gets close to being done funnily enough li is nowhere to be seen...

Takeover done... Fit and proper test needed??

Here

Wolves bought by Chinese conglomerate Fosun International for £45m

By Pat Murphy

BBC Radio 5 live

Sharethis page
Molineux
Wolves were last in the Premier League in 2012

Wolves have been bought by Chinese conglomerate Fosun International for £45m, with the club expected to confirm the deal on Thursday.

They are the second Championship club to have Chinese owners after Midlands rivals Aston Villa were sold to Dr Tony Xia earlier this year.

Previous owner Steve Morgan put the club up for sale at the start of last season and stepped down from the board.

Chief executive Jez Moxey has been managing day-to-day business affairs.

Cheshire businessman Morgan, who made his money through house building company Redrow, had previously tried to buy Premier League giants Liverpool prior to taking over Wolves from Sir Jack Hayward in August 2007.

Fosun International also has links with the renowned super-agent Jorge Mendes - who represents, among others, Jose Mourinho and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Mendes sold a minority share of his agency Gestifute to a subsidiary of Fosun late last year and is expected to play a part in recruitment at Wolves.

Wolves finished last season in 14th place in the Championship, 16 points from the play-offs and 18 points clear of relegation.

2 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

No, but their chairman is Guo Guangchang who is the 19th richest man in China, worth over £4billion in UK money / $5.5billion USD.

Makes Xia look like small fry then great

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Makes Xia look like small fry then great

On the face of it, this takeover probably appears more exciting, because his wealth is clear for all to see, whereas we don't know what Xia is worth. Xia may turn out to be the better owner, only time will tell.

One thing which may worry Wolves fans is the fact the Chinese govt. believes Fosun benefitted financially from corruption within another company: http://deadline.com/2016/01/fosun-chairman-guo-guangchang-appears-in-shanghai-1201666270/ and Guangchang was AWOL for a while

QUOTE:

Fosun International chairman Guo Guangchang is back at work and continuing to oversee day-to-day operations of his company. The head of the Shanghai-based conglomerate disappeared for about a week, leaving those in financial circles wondering about the sudden departure. It is known that there has been an ongoing investigation in China into corruption involving another company whose head was sentenced to 18 years in prison, and it was rumored that Guo was picked up for questioning.

Will be interesting to see how Wolves and AVFC do comparatively. WIth some of the player links to them, looks like they could be blowing cash left right and centre - BUT strategy wise, they may be a bit lacking. Lets hope they do a QPR!

Â