Jimzk5

I was listening to the WM phone in on the way back from Villa Park on saturday, there were some really special Wolves fans call in. There was one fella in particular, who I'm going to age at late 40's early 50's due to his referencing of certain periods of wolves history. 

The part i liked, from memory.

PF = Paul Franks

Fan - you know what I'm really impressed with the new manager, i think Wenger is going to be really good here.

PF - Did you just say Wenger or Zenga?

Fan - I said Wenger day i Paul? He's the Arsenal manager, i meant to say Zenga. 

PF- Well Zenga was certainly the better player, you never know, he might become as good a manager. 

Fan - You know what Paul, my mate was on about Zenga being a really good player, I'll  be honest Paul, I've never heard of him. I've just read that he's had about 16 jobs in 16yrs, i thought he was just some journeyman. 

PF - Hang on, you had never heard of Walter Zenga?

Fan - No i hadn't, where did he play?

PF - He was a goalkeeper, anyway thanks for your call. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ola John is the lad from benfica, can remember him being quite rated a few years back, went to benfica and disappeared 

It's loans though. I am against signing a huge amount if players playing on loan. Wolves will be up there for sure. I think wolves, Newcastle, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday, Brighton a and hopefully us will compose top 6. But I think derby will be there or thereabouts

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Zenga's gone.

Didn't see that one coming...!  :crylaugh:

Without a win in 5, with 4 of those losses, but even still I think that's a bit harsh.  I expected a car crash and in fairness he hasn't been quite that bad.  I thought he'd be gone by Christmas though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Did they spend much in the summer? 

not in the end, got some good loans in from benfica and then 2/3 signings that were sensible, ivan cavaleiro is probably the only really surprising one

not wrong to sack him but definitely wrong to have appointed him in the first place

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If I was Wolves I would go for Rowett 

I really don't think he'd move sideways and when you factor in who he'd be moving to, it would be a right arsehole thing to do.  Not a chance in hell would he go there IMHO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I really don't think he'd move sideways and when you factor in who he'd be moving to, it would be a right arsehole thing to do.  Not a chance in hell would he go there IMHO.

It's not really sideways though is it? Long term they are in a much better financial position than blose. Wolves backers seem to be extremely wealthy. 

Â