Jimzk5

lopetegui has been appointed spains manager so thats not happening

the group own thomas cook, club med and cirque du soleil as well as american insurance groups and some greek fashion outlets, certainly got a varied portfolio, means they could bypass FFP quite easily 

id have thought that the potential to get the serious money, the back door chinese government style money, isnt as likely if he's been investigated for corruption though

still exciting times, i maintain that our growth, especially abroad, will rely on healthy competition locally, us vs wolves will now be an event 10x what it was previously

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

the group own thomas cook, club med and cirque du soleil as well as american insurance groups and some greek fashion outlets, certainly got a varied portfolio, means they could bypass FFP quite easily 

id have thought that the potential to get the serious money, the back door chinese government style money, isnt as likely if he's been investigated for corruption though

still exciting times, i maintain that our growth, especially abroad, will rely on healthy competition locally, us vs wolves will now be an event 10x what it was previously

Certainly good exposure for the West Midlands. A distance of only 20 odd miles between 2 Chinese owned clubs, alongside the Chinese-owned MG plant should put the spotlight on the area.

If they can get it right with both clubs, given the rich history available, it could very much be a win-win situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Just said on central news they made over £11b Last year - Approx £25m a day!  :wacko:

Edited by Kingman

That's because of the Portuguese agent, they're going to be linked to all and sundry, I personally wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him

saw something suggesting they haven't appointed their team yet, no board members, moxey is going, it's likely jacket is going, 3/4 players away from being a playoff team? They've got to get a wiggle on that's for sure 

They are supposedly close to signing Talisca from Benfica according to Portuguese media for €25 million! Of course, I will believe it when I see it.

By the way, did their new owners have to pass a fit and proper test like Tony Xia which delayed everything at this club for a month?

2 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

They are supposedly close to signing Talisca from Benfica according to Portuguese media for €25 million! Of course, I will believe it when I see it.

By the way, did their new owners have to pass a fit and proper test like Tony Xia which delayed everything at this club for a month?

I would have thought they had to for the EFL, but ours had to do both that and the PL too.

52 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Be a massive show of intent if they pull that off. Apparently on the verge of signing two other players from Benfica and someone from Atletico Madrid as well.

Edited by markavfc40

The new Wolves owner is apparently close to Jorge Mendes, who has close ties to Benfica, and also happens to be the agent of Talisca. 

I read in the telegraph yesterday that liverpool has agreed a fee for Talisca, and apparently he prefers to go there.

If he does end up at Wolves i doubt he will have had much say, the move he makes will be the one that Jorge Mendes can benefit the most from.

17 minutes ago, andym said:

The new Wolves owner is apparently close to Jorge Mendes, who has close ties to Benfica, and also happens to be the agent of Talisca. 

I read in the telegraph yesterday that liverpool has agreed a fee for Talisca, and apparently he prefers to go there.

If he does end up at Wolves i doubt he will have had much say, the move he makes will be the one that Jorge Mendes can benefit the most from.

I'm not sure the players or Kenny Jackett will get much of a say in Wolves' recruitment this summer. 

If wolves sign them I think even Necwastle will be looking over their shoulder for title. All that pissing around at villa and Wolves will be right up there now. lets hope they like the look of richards¬!

as i put in our transfer thread, mendes is going to fleece them, £25m deal i bet £3-5m of that ends up in his pocket, theres definitely something dodgy about it if they sign 5 mendes players for £100m this summer

as for the player himself, can honestly say i dont know anything of him, winger/forward, played 50 games in 2 years, not a great scoring record, not sure how he'll get a work permit

2 hours ago, KSV said:

not mucking around....but hey do they have an academy in India???:ph34r:

Obviously they have shifted loads out to make way for the new ones and did it all on the quiet

Obviously I hope it all goes wrong for them, whether or not it does is a different matter. But I have noticed a pattern - Robin Li is sworn to be the new owner by Spanish press, even after the other fella takes over, Lopetgui (or whatever his name is) is sworn to be the new boss then takes the Spanish job, now a bunch of players represented by Mendes all looking for their next move suddenly find their prices escalated thanks to Wolves interest - what's the likelyhood they go to the bigger clubs but for a few mill more than they would have without Wolves being on the scene? Little bit fishy as it stands. 

Â