Jimzk5

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

Wolves have been irrelevant since Nr 10 Richards gave up football for religion in the 70's

Bit of a weird comment. The entire reason we're talking about them is that they seem to be about to become relevant again. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Bit of a weird comment. The entire reason we're talking about them is that they seem to be about to become relevant again. 

What is "weird" about stating a fact?

If I was a wolves fan I would be well excited. BUT, their new owner is also buying AC Milan, and oddly enough has delayed buying wolves, and still needs to go through the fit and proper persons test - methinks he will take ownership when it is too late in the window to make a difference. I think Wolves are gonna be their satelite club.

I have a soft spot for Wolves as my mom & dad used to go together in the 50s when Billy Wright played for them. My dad never pressured me to support them though & took me to Villa. I hope they do well after we have been promoted. I would rather them in the Premier League with us than the filth. 

• Like 3

Sounds like it's more or less done

cant work out if li is buying them or if this the consortium with ties to Ellison scenario that we were linked with, we'll know when the directors get named, Jorge mendes name is popping up a lot which could be a very good or very bad thing

John Percy has said that it's Robin Li, who's buying them with Mendes advising on the deal. In a couple years time we could find ourselves in a position where we're dreaming of loaning Wolve's squad players.

Probably overreacting, but it's feeling a bit like what happened with Lerner again. We get excited with a new rich owner. Someone else comes in that makes his net worth look like pocket money. Hopefully Xia is worth a lot more than a few billion or something, because it's really a game of money these days.

Might provoke Tony to invest more now he has a bit of local competition!!

If they do become a force in football again fair play to them - midlands football has been dire (relatively speaking) for years, miles behind the southern and north west clubs.  I welcome a better stronger Villa, Wolves (and Leicester) - just a shame it had to happen the year we are in the championship with them!  We'll just have to earn it. 

Edited by Gary Thomas

I was walking past a red telephone box and it ringed. I answered it, the voice mumbled something about Xia's plans and somthing about Wolves, the voice was mumbling and coughing, I couldn't make sense of it, when I aksed how did they know I was going to walk past, the voice vanished, then muzak started playing.

Edited by useless

I just can't get my head around modern football, I'm not sure why anyone would want to through hundreds of millions at it these days. Remember when Roman Abramovic was THE super rich owner. Now there's a number of them, they can't all win and they can't all get into the UCL.

4 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Might provoke Tony to invest more now he has a bit of local competition!!

If they do become a force in football again fair play to them - midlands football has been dire (relatively speaking) for years, miles behind the southern and north west clubs.  I welcome a better stronger Villa, Wolves (and Leicester) - just a shame it had to happen the year we are in the championship with them!  We'll just have to earn it. 

yep i agree, i think we need healthy competition in the region 

said before if us and wolves are owned by the chinese then our games will be elevated to something they arent and probably havent been for decades, piggy back off each other on our way to the top, pretty much what city did...

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I just can't get my head around modern football, I'm not sure why anyone would want to through hundreds of millions at it these days. Remember when Roman Abramovic was THE super rich owner. Now there's a number of them, they can't all win and they can't all get into the UCL.

They don't necessarily need the UCL anymore. I believe* the new PL deal means just staying in the league nets more than winning the Champions League now. 

*heard it somewhere, but don't take it as fact.

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

They don't necessarily need the UCL anymore. I believe* the new PL deal means just staying in the league nets more than winning the Champions League now.

*heard it somewhere, but don't take it as fact.

Thats a good point, what I was thinking though that these super rich types are not completely in it for the money, they want to win. Soon the premier league will be awash with billionaires and some, like Lerner, will get bored of being also rans and run them into the ground.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, useless said:

I don't know who he is but they're 'rivaling' Liverpool for a player called Talisca, who's apparently rated at £21m.

FFP Been knocked on the head? 

With or without FFP they can still spend a certain amount of money I presume. They're being linked with Defour as well, whether we like it or not, if this proposed takeover goes ahead, they will if Li is serious about them, become a big player

Â