Jimzk5

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 20:01, HanoiVillan said:

Their experiment with being rich and successful hasn't lasted long, has it. 

I was trying to remember the poster on here pre season who was adamant this group were way better as owners than Xia would be...it wasn't you was it Hanoi?

So far they've signed a whole bunch of unknowns from abroad, didn't sign that big name player (Anderson Talisca), made an ill advised appointment in Zenga and I have to say I don't really see how getting in Lambert will excite the South Bank.

On the evidence of today they need to be worrying about relegation...can't defend at all.

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 23:39, useless said:

John Percy has said that it's Robin Li, who's buying them with Mendes advising on the deal. In a couple years time we could find ourselves in a position where we're dreaming of loaning Wolve's squad players.

Ah found it....:lol:

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 22:48, Demitri_C said:

I don't think he will do as bad as some think, but I am surprised wolves didn't go for a bigger name

I think Lambert is the championship Moyes now.

He played exciting football when he turned up here but the spell here broke him and now he's cautious and pretty negative.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I was trying to remember the poster on here pre season who was adamant this group were way better as owners than Xia would be...it wasn't you was it Hanoi?

So far they've signed a whole bunch of unknowns from abroad, didn't sign that big name player (Anderson Talisca), made an ill advised appointment in Zenga and I have to say I don't really see how getting in Lambert will excite the South Bank.

On the evidence of today they need to be worrying about relegation...can't defend at all.

I remember being concerned that they might have got a better deal, I don't think I was adamant that they had. But yes, whatever was said at the time of the takeover, nothing much good has come of it so far. They'd have been better off not sacking Kenny Jackett. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I think he's a shite appointment. 

He might do 'ok', but ok won't get them promoted. Not this season and probably not next either. Let's face it he likely caught lightening in a bottle at Norwich and leant on Benteke and Delph here, one of which signed years before he arrived. Yes he had a very tough job, but don't forget he was failing miserably no matter how you spin it at the time he was sacked. Never forget the turgid football either. Utterly uninspiring and if I were a Wolves fan I'd be dumbfounded. 

Also, he must be a **** masochist. From Lerner to the chicken shop to a club ran by an agent that have the potential to become a circus. You can't make it up. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Still can't believe lambert couldn't beat Bradford over two legs

Our starting XI: Given, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bennett, N'Zogbia, Delph, Ireland, Bannan, Agbonlahor, Benteke

I think we'd struggle in the championship with that team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Our starting XI: Given, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bennett, N'Zogbia, Delph, Ireland, Bannan, Agbonlahor, Benteke

Benteke would have a field day though. Other than that, shite.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

You honestly cannot be suggesting that, that side isn't capable to beat Bradford over two legs? The home game was a absolute disgrace

• Like 4

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Honestly, I think he's a shite appointment. 

He might do 'ok', but ok won't get them promoted. Not this season and probably not next either. Let's face it he likely caught lightening in a bottle at Norwich and leant on Benteke and Delph here, one of which signed years before he arrived. Yes he had a very tough job, but don't forget he was failing miserably no matter how you spin it at the time he was sacked. Never forget the turgid football either. Utterly uninspiring and if I were a Wolves fan I'd be dumbfounded. 

Also, he must be a **** masochist. From Lerner to the chicken shop to a club ran by an agent that have the potential to become a circus. You can't make it up. 

Nah, back to back promotions followed by a comfortable midtable PL finish were no fluke. It remains to be seen if he isn't completely finished as a manager, but credit where it's due.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You honestly cannot be suggesting that, that side isn't capable to beat Bradford over two legs? The home game was a absolute disgrace

All it needed was to play Guzan...I'm convinced we wouldn't have conceded at least one of the goals from a corner in the first leg with the form he was in that year.

In fairness that team finished the prem season pretty well...the tie just came at a terrible moment for us mentallty given what happened that xmas.

Hope he does well (not at our expense of course !) 

He always seemed honoured to be manager of Aston Villa. It mystifies me how on a couple of occasions he really seemed to be getting their at Villa, the way he ended that first season - it all seemed to be coming together. In general when he paid £3m + player they came up with the goods. 

I gave up on him only when he took that coaching trip abroad and decided the way forward was to pass the ball sideways at walking pace, then stood in utter amazement as we struggled to threaten the opposition goal. I still wonder how anyone so long in the game can ever think that was going to work.

• Like 1

Â