Jimzk5

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

We're not arrogant. We're just stating the fact we're better than everyone else.

It's almost as if they haven't heard the song.

We're the greatest team the world has ever seen. BY FAR!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

You do hear this arrogance thing coming from supporters all of the midlands clubs.

The way I see it is that they want us to be humble and forget about the status the club has held over the vast majority of its history.

Forget about the past they say......you're a championship club now and we are Premier. You are arrogant if you expect to get back quickly...….but we did (relatively)

Now we are arrogant because we think we can stay up!! You don't understand how difficult the Premier league is they say...…..to fans of the club who have mounted a number of credible title challenges since the Premier league started (and in fact I think until very recently Villas average PL finish was 6th!) 

We are not arrogant we have had a lot of (RELATIVE!) success over the years and that leads us to expect a certain standard.

I guess if Wolves performed as well as Villa have done in the next 20/30 Years they will have an arrogant fanbase too.

Edited by MarkLillis

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So is Cutrone expected to be starting games, or rotation for Jimenez?

Wolves will have about 50 games if take Europa serious which includes lots of travelling so can see rotation. Them 2 plus Jota is a good forward line

Bet they wish for days of Kevin Doyle and Ebanks Blake 😂

• Haha 2

Their forum is actually hilarious though. Popped in to have a look at what they think of Cutrone, his thread is buried at the bottom of the page and the one about us is right at the top :lol:

They also couldn't be more wrong about us if they tried. Saying we have no plan, just signing random players for the sake of it. Like Wesley for example who's apparently just a target man and won't fit into Dean Smith's style :crylaugh: . I mean, it's not as if Dean Smith scouted him himself, or that he's not even a target man type of striker. Or signing Marvelous "walking red card" Nakamba, the man who has never been shown a red card in his career.

They're a little desperate for us to fail aren't they? While last season we were wishing them success. What a weird relationship. The irony of entitling their thread about us "horribly obsessed". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Their forum is actually hilarious though. Popped in to have a look at what they think of Cutrone, his thread is buried at the bottom of the page and the one about us is right at the top :lol:

They also couldn't be more wrong about us if they tried. Saying we have no plan, just signing random players for the sake of it. Like Wesley for example who's apparently just a target man and won't fit into Dean Smith's style :crylaugh: . I mean, it's not as if Dean Smith scouted him himself, or that he's not even a target man type of striker. Or signing Marvelous "walking red card" Nakamba, the man who has never been shown a red card in his career.

They're a little desperate for us to fail aren't they? While last season we were wishing them success. What a weird relationship. The irony of entitling their thread about us "horribly obsessed". 

Yammer words removed.

Yeah it's weird. Especially the statement from Thelwell who is head of recruitment, who basically said they were talented youngsters but didn't mention the fee, what role they will have etc. One of them is a winger too so straight away is a position we don't have a need for! 

Plus Nuno has said several times that 18 out fielders is his ideal squad and he prefers things small that way. We were at 17 and then signed 2 guys who we are told not to expect play, but are significantly more fee wise than anyone we would sign for the u23 development pool. It's one of the reasons I dont hold grudges over the sides who moaned about Wolves transfer practices. Happy to benefit as a fan but not audacious enough to completely ignore it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, big mean bunny said:

Not that it matters but on the wolves forum (it's actual name) - there is no dedicated Villa thread. 

The problem with only looking at Molmix, is its a bit like saying all Christians are insane lunatics because there is always one in every town centre, shouting about the rapture whilst wearing a sandwich board. 

That signing of those two new lads makes my face hurt, and it bothers me that it doesn't bother other Wolves fans. However some of them (twitter and FB crowd) have been telling me I know nothing about football because I said Adama Traore is a massive L for the scouting department. So maybe it's a good thing I don't share the same thoughts as them. He was beyond woeful last night against that Irish side, part of me hopes that was some sort of final go, similar to like happened to a few of the inherited players when Nuno first took over. 

Look, mistakes will happen to both our clubs.....its the overall you have to look for....peaks and troughs will occur.

I think Wolves and Villa will be fine.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, big mean bunny said:

Not that it matters but on the wolves forum (it's actual name) - there is no dedicated Villa thread. 

The problem with only looking at Molmix, is its a bit like saying all Christians are insane lunatics because there is always one in every town centre, shouting about the rapture whilst wearing a sandwich board. 

That signing of those two new lads makes my face hurt, and it bothers me that it doesn't bother other Wolves fans. However some of them (twitter and FB crowd) have been telling me I know nothing about football because I said Adama Traore is a massive L for the scouting department. So maybe it's a good thing I don't share the same thoughts as them. He was beyond woeful last night against that Irish side, part of me hopes that was some sort of final go, similar to like happened to a few of the inherited players when Nuno first took over. 

Ah, I was wondering why MM looked so different. I thought the Wolves forum got a facelift or something, but it's a completely different site. I remembered Wolves fans on there, even when they were tearing it up in the champo being a lot more measured and giving it a look now it definitely still seems that way. Never going on MM again :lol: 

• Like 1

It's a bit confusing, but from what I've read they were on loan at Lazio from Braga, then Lazio signed them about a month ago for twenty-six million euros, and have now sold them to Wolves for twenty million euros. Only way I can see that making sense from a Lazio point of view is if they're confident that they will be worth a lot more in the future and have negotiated a big percentage of any future sale for themselves, which will negated the six million that they reportedly lost on the deal this summer. They were both linked to Monaco and Benfica this summer so seems a Mendes thing, I think he's their agent as well. To be fair Neto seems like he might be a promising player.

• Like 1

Lazio were locked into the deal to buy them. It would appear Wolves has paid 26 million euros for the pair! If that doesn't make Wolves fans reel their necks in for a bit on twitter in terms of mouthing off at other clubs, nothing will. Many already going down the next Ruben Vinagre route, who had played 1 game for Monaco when Wolves spent 2 million on him. However the difference is obviously the fee. And one of them is already older than Vinagre is now! 

I will be honest enough to say that I don’t hate Wolves, maybe I’m not local to experience as much as locals do. But I know that this season if we began well this fixture will be full of hatred and rivalry. You could sense if from the fans of the two clubs. However, what I read in the Molineux forum is ridiculous. I don’t think even a blue nose would get half of that stick here on VT. Just for saying that we’ve done good in a friendly you get that stick? 

I’m not sure about other forums, I used to go to couple of them but didn’t see that in any. I’m proud of VT in terms of welcoming and even trying to understand more about other teams.

Even when we have guests in our team discussions, we don’t do it this way. 

• Like 2

On 01/08/2019 at 14:36, villalad21 said:

Been reading on their forum.

They have a thread about us. Didn't realize they disliked us that much.

It’s gone from laughing at us last season, to proper getting their knickers in a twist over us this season. They are rattled that we are in the prem when it didn’t look like we’d have a chance. Spineless clearings in the woods . 

Â