Jimzk5

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Signed Cutrone today. Never seen him play, but seems to be rated and has played for Italy

Milan fan at work is disappointed he left. Preferred to keep him than sign Leao

• Like 1

On 29/07/2019 at 20:21, big mean bunny said:

With Cutrone coming in Wolves have actually now strengthened based on last season though now TRO so I would be mostly confident about beating you, despite my lack of knowledge and the amount of new signings making you a relative unknown. Very interested to see how you guys start but still happy with my 6th-11th sort of area prediction for Wolves again. Not fussed about the cups as much and will take what we get in regards to that, however would take finishing in that area and then getting to the group stages of the Europa or beyond as a success. 

There is something which Molineux posters can't get, I don't think there is any Villa fan who's saying we're better than you.

However we can't say wether or not that any of our players will go to your first eleven. Wolves players are already proven.

Grealish proven he could do well at the Premier League. But he's much more developed than he was last time when we were up.

We have a huge prospects as: McGinn, Wesley, Luiz, Engles/Konsa and Guilbert. All of those could turn out to be a stars. We have decent players in Targett, El Ghazi and Trez. But the first lot are really unknown. Some of them could surpass some of Wolves players. Some might not. So the comparison isn't right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Signed Cutrone today. Never seen him play, but seems to be rated and has played for Italy

Cutrone is a superb team player, but he'll never be a goal scorer. Good business at that price though, would rather Milan had him coming off the bench. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

£16m seems really cheap in this day and age. Is it just a good deal or one laden with extras or iffyness? 

Difficult to prove anything but mysteriously since the Wolves association with Mendes they've been managing to get good players for about a third of their actual value in an era when most clubs are playing more than players are worth to get them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Difficult to prove anything but mysteriously since the Wolves association with Mendes they've been managing to get good players for about a third of their actual value in an era when most clubs are playing more than players are worth to get them. 

Rafael Leao is a Jorge Mendes client and he was highly touted. Milan just signed him 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Rafael Leao is a Jorge Mendes client and he was highly touted. Milan just signed him 

I'm sure Mendes can't give Wolves all his good prospects. I see they paid about £27 million for him, if that was Wolves buying him it would probably be under 15.

Mendes has an influence but he's not a slave master he can't force a player to go anywhere 

He also can't force a club to sell at lower figures 

What he can do (and based on the figures released we know he is doing) is waive fees and maybe even waive his player wage % if they join wolves

That's the advantage, not much else (unless you throw in the scout list he's handing them too) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

You think he’s worth £48m?!

• Like 1

Milan were after the funds for signing those other targets and have made it pretty clear they didn't want Cutrone (or viewed him as sellable) and have had issues with ffp which is why they aren't in the Europa, which seems to be one of the reasons. This actually seems to be one of the strengths currently, Neves Wolves got cheap as Porto were in a similar situation. Mouriniho looks a bargain at 5mil but Monaco wanted his high wages off their budget.

Great for us as we previously had a huge drop off everytime Jota or Jimimez were taken off, not its lessened. 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2019 at 13:52, Andy81 said:

I don't want to go over it again, because I agree with this bit, and the majority of Wolves fans I believe feel the same.

Twitter is a shithole and Villa fans come across in a similar way.  I don't treat anyone on there as a reflection of the wider fanbases.

I have no hatred towards Wolves tbh. It might sound strange but we've had to put up with the north west clubs battling for honours and also London teams and as I said to my Wolves supporting boss that it' would actually be good if the two of us went and represented the Midlands and started challenging for honours every season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

I have no hatred towards Wolves tbh. It might sound strange but we've had to put up with the north west clubs battling for honours and also London teams and as I said to my Wolves supporting boss that it' would actually be good if the two of us went and represented the Midlands and started challenging for honours every season.

its my personal belief as to why they picked man city, instant global marketing by piggy backing man utds success

part of the wolves and villa sales pitch will be exciting games in the PL versus each other, you need that story and history to draw in neutral interest and give you a chance to grow, no one is interested in wolves vs Sheffield utd or norwich

30 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Absolutely right mate. 

It's mainly because you can be seen as arrogant, I mean, this new player hasn't even kicked a ball for you and you're already calling him marvelous.

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

It's mainly because you can be seen as arrogant, I mean, this new player hasn't even kicked a ball for you and you're already calling him marvelous.

;)

I think you are allowed to be a bit arrogant when you have won the European cup.

39 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Every fan base has their arrogant supporters though. I don't hate Wolves, but I hate a lot of the supporters I know as they're arrogant and talk shite.

We're not arrogant. We're just stating the fact we're better than everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â