Jimzk5

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not saying there's anything wrong with you're play style, it's just not my cup of tea.

I prefer to watch teams that dictates games.

My gut feeling is that we won't be dictating many games this season - just FYI.

• Like 3

Wolves style works better against the better teams.

For a neutral those matches are a really good watch as their technical midfield of Neves and Moutinho will handle the ball with ease rather than just giving it away.

Last season Wolves took 4 points off Man. United, Arsenal (should've won at Emirates as that was a match they dominated), Chelsea (only last minute Hazard goal denied them win at Stamford Bridge) and drew with Man. City. Also won at Spurs 3-1 which was more of a counter attacking game.

I actually think they'll do well in europa league which will probably hurt them in the league position, just need to get past a very difficult play off against Torino. Whoever gets an away goal will probably win that tie.

• Like 1

by the end of September they'll have played utd, Chelsea, Watford, burnley at home, everton and palace away and torino in europe

we'll have a good idea as to where they are as a team

lose at home to utd, Chelsea and Watford and stepping up beyond 7th will start to look hard for them

• Like 1

Think they might end up a few positions lower in the league this season.

Have a mini run in Europe (and maybe domestic cups)

And then after having consolidated their position as a top half PL-side spend big again next season with maybe a bit of a squad rebuild.

• Like 1

I think they have an excellent team but don't see how their small squad could manage Europe and the league. We saw it with MON you can get lucky with injuries but post Xmas if you're still in it the players can't put in the same levels of performance as the start of the season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Tonight will be an indicator of Wolves ambitions for the season, Torino is a tricky cup game for them  this week and will they put all eggs in that basket

They will be full strength for both I should think . 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

At least it's always good to see Man Utd suffer

Problem is there's unrest at utd, they could finish 4th and still continue a slow painful decline whereas for wolves, Everton or Leicester 4th would be a huge step forward 

Wolves are a very good team and last season certainly wasn’t no fluke. Some of their play is fantastic. Providing they keep their key players and also add the right players, they will be a force . 

Just noticed the Villa thread on their forum has been locked. Some of their fans are having a right moan about it.   Another Villa thread has been opened though and is already five pages long. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wolves are a very good team and last season certainly wasn’t no fluke. Some of their play is fantastic. Providing they keep their key players and also add the right players, they will be a force . 

Just noticed the Villa thread on their forum has been locked. Some of their fans are having a right moan about it.   Another Villa thread has been opened though and is already five pages long. 

The obsession is real.

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

let them enjoy it, best thing I've ever done as a villa fan (only game I've missed at Wembley was the one we won)

that said I hope they lose

Further they go in Europe will effect their season as have quite a small squad

• Like 1

Â